1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCOT / SOR Replacement Fenders

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Guest, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

There seems to be a "sale" on FJ40 fenders from CCOT and SOR. These are repro fenders, steel. At the $100 price for each I think I may just get two and trash my OEM's with the Bondo. Anyone have any experience with either of these two vendors fenders ( sort of rhymes, doesn't it, like " What's your vector Victor?"). I guess there is a possibility that each vendor is actually selling the same product made by the same manufacturer, in which case total price become the distinguishing factor.

The only alternative is to try and find two repairable OEM fenders.

suggestions, comments, experience with these fenders, all is welcome.

Respectfully

Straylight.

2. Design311

Design311

My boss' Cruiser has the CCOT aftermarket fenders on it. He's had no problems with them. They seem to be good quality as far as I can tell. For $99 each, I may grab one also. My driver's fender has a nice big dent down low that will cost me around $120 to get it fixed and primed. My 2 pennies...

3. rick_d

rick_d

The "aftermarket" fenders sold anywhere are all made in taiwan. Certifit at one time sold these everyday for $90 each. Frankly, for wheeling trucks or non resto candidate they are fine. Right side fender sometimes needs some love to fit. They are not worth $150 ea so grab them on special.
    OEM fenders are close to $200 mark each, but you can sit on them and I would say they are for better trucks- restos etc. They are still available for now, but in 12 months they may not be.

4. LT

LT

Give me a hammer and a paint brush and i'll fix your fender :flipoff2:

Travis

5. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks all for input . What I'm gunna do is order up two of the Taiwan fenders from CCOT to see what they are like. In the mean time I'm gunna take off my OEM's ( at least i think they are OEM) and strip them down to see how bad they really are. I can see about a half a pound of Bondo on the inside of the driver side fender. This way I will at least have the new fenders if I decide to go that route or I can fix the old ones. In a worse case scenario someone will get a good price on the two CCOT's in 6 months from me.

Thanks again evereyone

Straylight

6. Arctic Cruiser

Arctic Cruiser

Sorry to resurect an old thread but this is pretty close to what I'm looking at. I need some replacement fenders, rust issues, from what i gather there are three vendors, CCOT SOR and Extreme Bends Inc. I haven't seen prices like the ones previously mentioned, in fact they are pretty similar to the Factory price.
    I also need the driver's side floor pan, any advice on these items and options would be appreciated.
    Oh and i am a newb so i guess i'll go :flipoff2: myself!

7. fieldsken1

fieldsken1

Media:
    fenders

i just brought 2 for 300 dollars from sor ccot had the same price they need to be pre fit first but they are just fine

8. rabid

rabid

I went to toyota the other day and asked the parts guy to see if any toyota fenders were available. While he is probably not as good of a resource as CDan on this board, he said from his records, there were none in the US, in warehouses or dealer inventory.

I bought a set of Certi-fit fenders about 5-6 years ago for my 40, and they are rotting through at the marker lights. It has seen one or two winters, that is it.

I have to pick up a pair for a project I am doing, I am interested in seeing where this thread goes.

Certi-fit does not list them anymore,btw.

9. Sea Knight

Sea Knight SILVER Star

10. grant5127

grant5127

CCOT fenders have done nothing but cause me pain! (fitment issues)...besides they charge close to 100 bux for box~freight..... OEM are available just got a pair last week.......

11. 40's rock

40's rock SILVER Star

Media:
    I just checked the website....all I saw was $179 ea.....where are they hiding the $100 specials??

12. 79fj40moneypit

79fj40moneypit

Media:
    check out the post date

13. Arctic Cruiser

Arctic Cruiser

Anyone have any experience with the Extreme Bends (EBI) product?

14. island45

island45

I used the SOR Taiwan type. Lots of tweaking and pulling to get them to match up. Specially against the aprons. I drilled a bunch of new holes and pulled them together with bolts. I prefer the heavy metal from the older factory fenders, and am collecting some for a swap in the future.