Carnage Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
YANKEE TOYS THE LARGEST TOYOTA FRIENDLY CLUB IN NE
The LMFT have Owners that have allowed them to use the property near the bottom on Fish Hatc... road.
The NEA has access to the above property.
All of the power lines themselves are illegal and it will be enforced this coming year 2013 by the PSNH.
Most people travel on the powerlines and think that's the trail,but it's not.
If you have permission by the land owner and that property is on two adjacent pieces of land you can cross the powerlines to gain access to the other section of property.
The big steep rock "V-Rock" is not on NEA land nor LMFT land, but people think it's all NEA land, but it's not.
I just want to make sure that we as a Club do things correctly and access the property how we are supposed to, that's all.
The property @ Carnage that the NE4W or the NEA should use is just that, the property not the powerlines.
This clarification should be made for the upcoming year.

Thanks everyone,

Rick Smith

The information is the same for all of New England, but New Hampshire is more easy going than say Massachusetts or Connecticut.
I have heard all of the different scenarios from lots of different people, but my information is correct.
People will believe what they want to perceive as true, that's up to each person, but the NEA must follow the rules set forth for others to have accurate information, that's all.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/OHRV/faqs_ohrv.html
Can I ride on power lines and other utility company rights of way?
A majority of land on which the utility companies operate are private property. The companies obtain easements for their purposes only. Written landowner permission from each individual landowner must be obtained if the trail is not specifically designated for OHRV use before you can operate your OHRV.

Last edited:
Good to know. I have traveled those trails a number of times as both a member and a BOD member without knowing I was tresspassing.
I think we as a club really need to learn and know these trails so when we are out and about leading trail rides we are not putting ourselves and our members in a bad position.

Good to know. I have traveled those trails a number of times as both a member and a BOD member without knowing I was tresspassing.
I think we as a club really need to learn and know these trails so when we are out and about leading trail rides we are not putting ourselves and our members in a bad position.

Some of us old-timers know, just ask.

I went out on my first trail ride in that area with Former BOD members, I thought they were old timers!

Most of the trails we do are in the western part of the state. You might try ExploringNH.com for some ideas on where to go. They do a lot more trail runs than Yankee Toys does.

Last edited:
YT used to do 6-7 a season.
Lack of club participation made the numbers decrease.

We scaled back the number of trail rides this year and still had to cancel one or two.

If interest increased we could look at adding more stockish trails with an overlanding feel.

Similar here in PA, two off road parks to use and it's hard to get more then two or three trucks for some scheduled wheeling dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom