CARB compliant gas cans. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Entertaining, worth the time read;
One Man's Quest for Gas Cans that Don't Suck

I love how even Blitz changed the threads so the 'Good ol' nozzles wont fit. I only mix 2 gals at a time for the outdoor power equipment. What works for you?

Another vote for the No Spill cans for use on small engines. I have a 2.5 gallon one for filling my lawn mower. They work great for filling small gas tanks, as it's easy to quickly stop the flow of gasoline. They however suck for filling vehicles unless you carry a funnel, or attach a length of flexible tubing to it.

For my boats, I bought a couple of plastic gas jugs at HD. They had a collar on the spout that needed to be twisted while trying to hold the jug at an angle in order to pour the gasoline. I spilled gasoline into the lake when trying to fill my pontoon boat. I modified them (using a kit I purchase on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0149L17FC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and now the gasoline get's into the boats, not on the ground or into the water. I could re-use the existing threaded collars and attach the new spouts. The vent snaps into a 1/2" hole - you will need to drill into the jug - use a Uni-Bit:

I've had luck just ripping out the stupid valves inside the spouts. I waste so much gas trying to twist then slide then tilt that it's way more environmentally friendly this way. Screw CARB. That state can't slide into the ocean soon enough.

Before the ban I got 8 Wedco Jerry Cans in red and 4 spouts. For my diesel tractor I got the yellow version of the VP racing 5 gallon cans. These will not work in a bumper mount nor roof rack application near as nice as the Wedco units but they work just as good as the pre-ban cans. For gasoline I would get the clear one so it's easier to see the level though you can see it in the yellow so probably can with the other colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom