Canceled full moon run. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody want to try a night wheeling full moon trip up HLT this month. Saturday the 21? Is a full moon. Maybe the snow would be passable by then.

Count me in as far as I know. Hopefully summer school wont be cramming my weekends full of papers.

Looks like it snowed a ton up high yesterday and more to come.

Sounds like a lot of fun... unfortunately I have other plans (moonlight fly fishing).

FYI, I saw this snow gauge was posted on Reno4x4 in response to folks wanting to do the HLT: Big Meadow (340) - Site Information and Reports. According to the poster, it's located "just east of the communication tower off FR 462C (Garson Rd)". Last reading (5/5) was 31".

Last edited:
So... I have a couple people interested in going. They will be on 37's locked. I will be on 36's locked. Time will tell for the snow but I'm going to say 33" mud tires and one locker minimum for the run.

Sounds like a good idea. I will be in Orlando and just flying back that day. My man points bank would be empty if I left 2 hours after getting home from a three day trip. :princess: would not be happy. Have fun. Hopefully the weather will melt the white stuff so we can start doing some wheeling.:doh:

If @DesertLake goes on the run will too, I dont want to be the only person on smaller tires, but i am super interested in going. I have pretty decent snow wheeling experience from running all of the trails of of Dog Valley all winter long and a couple of Signal Peak trips to Fordyce Lake in the winter too. Worst comes to worse I would turn around before the guys on larger tires do.

Due to events beyond my control, I will have to bow out of this run. Perhaps in a few weeks circumstances will change. I apologize.

Sorry to hear that - though I am supposed to be at a scout activity down your way until evening that day, so getting everything done was starting to look tricky...

Sorry to hear that - though I am supposed to be at a scout activity down your way until evening that day, so getting everything done was starting to look tricky...
No worries, I may end up running down to sacramento to replace my EGR and all the associated vacuum lines.

Too bad this didnt work out. Looks like its dumping new snow as i type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom