Canadian Legal/Registration/Roadworthiness bulletins and publications (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Road Virus said:
Whoops, my bad. I'm in Edmonton, Alberta.

Brian

3rd brake light does not need to be added.
If you so a search, I found a hole in the legislation.
It is going be to fixed in the next revision.

The 4runner and the surf as basically the same right?
Ask him to look at the same year of 4runner. It will not have it under after sept 1993.

Cheers,
Nick

So I did a little research on the Transport Canada website and it looks like in revision 3 of TSD 108, S5.1.1.27(a) (Lamps, Reflective Devices and Associated Equipment) they struck out the sections that exempted passenger vehicles manufactured prior to September 1, 1985 and trucks prior to September 1, 1993 from having a high mounted stop lamp. So it appears that the inspector may or may not require them to be installed.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/mvstm_tsd/tsd/1080rev3_e.pdf

Ah well, I have to fix a couple of other things anyway to pass inspection so I might as well install it. I just need to find a place to buy one now.

Thanks for the help guys.
Brian

Looks like you found the same mistake.
Not sure what they are doing in Alberta, but I know in BC they are going to ammend the inspection manual in the next revision.

Cheers,
Nick

Here is something else to look at ..
Check your tires .. for those who still have the tires that were on the trucks when they got here from Japan.. Do they have the D O T stamped in them..?

My truck has the tires that were on it when it was imported, even the spare tire..
None of the tires are D O T.. But then for a few $$ they are easy to change..
Just somthing else to check..
I just noticed that today..
Cheers

OH I've turned into a mud regular congrats to me...:grinpimp:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom