Can we create a new sticky for V8 motor swaps? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am constantly reading new threads about people needing info on LS swaps. I for one need said info as well and while a lot comes up in search...the info is all over the place. It would be great if someone could also compose a detailed thread listing every step and solution to common problems i.e. which manifolds fit, wiring, best motor mounts idea etc. What say ye?

I am constantly reading new threads about people needing info on LS swaps. I for one need said info as well and while a lot comes up in search...the info is all over the place. It would be great if someone could also compose a detailed thread listing every step and solution to common problems i.e. which manifolds fit, wiring, best motor mounts idea etc. What say ye?

Interested also. Ready for an LS in my FJ80

Sounds like a good idea. There are a lot of different ways to skin a bunch of different cats during the process, but having everyone's ideas/way they did it in one spot will be nice.

I've found starting a build thread is very helpful. People are willing to chip in where they can help. A lot of people do them and then move on but people still contribute where they can. Guess I should get my plug and play harness idea going....

In the thread full of links it'd be very useful to have some important info posted right there with each link.. stuff like which engine/transmission, drive-by-wire or cable, how much lift required (I'm especially interested in swaps that would work with stock height suspension even if I'm mildly lifted), and other great gizmos like whoever built the adapter box to make the GM cruise work with the toyota steering wheel controls. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.

And, where possible maybe have the thread starter edit first post with links to certain milestones ala jcardona's build thread? I realize that's a lot of work for the OP though..

There is a TON of info in those threads and being able to narrow down which ones to spend the time going through would be great.

I am going to start collecting info and compile it all. One of the first threads will be a pin out explanation for earlier 80"s. Anyone else that has performed a swap please send me any info you have when you have a free moment to share with us.

What might be helpful is if someone can make an outline and then slap into the first post. We can then fill in information as we have time and the op can link to it in the first post. i know a lot of these forums are going to a wiki format, it would be nice in case the creator of the thread drops off so we can still add information. Or maybe a moderator can start and give editing access to the one thread? The key is being able to edit the first post....

I'll try to update my thread with some links in the first post....

Ill keep as much detail into my build as I go, i've added a pin out for 97 LX450's :D
im getting excited I have adapters, mounts and a motor, just need to pull my old boat anchor out

Just the tip of the ice berg.....

eh it is and it isnt, my wish grows rapidly everyday with things I want to do with it hahahaha

Agreed. A sticky for domestic V8 swaps is absolutely necessary as people junk the forklift engines with AC and install modern domestic power plants.

As much of a purist as I am known to be, I will never not discount the importance of heart implants and upgrades.

And their long term viability and importance.

Good idea. I agree with two different stickies. V8 Toyota and V8 LS Swaps.

There is little doubt the 40 series is one of the most iconic and respected vehicles ever produced. But at a point in the product's life-cycle, for one reason or another, it made more sense to do a V8 conversion that to keep repairing the F&2F's. I'll bet there are more V8 40's than 40's with original, fully IM'ed F series motors.

I think the 80 series is entering the same point in its life cycle, and the forum will be seeing more an more requests for info on V8 swaps.

I can't believe the response I got from this thread. Incredible and thank you. More importantly....I finally contributed something worthy!! I have never done something like this before and would be happy to keep track and organize all the info that members can contribute. If there is anyone that can just give me some guidance on how to do it best ...that would be great!

You could always ask @nuclearlemon to pin a V8 transplanted or Maybe just a Non-Diesel transplanted.

Should just use this one as the start, ive just finished my LS conversionin OZ and can answer any questions if needed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom