Camp Coffee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just found this today when I went grocery shopping. Very very convenient. Haven't tasted the coffee yet.

Update: So I tried the coffee this morning. Not too bad if you like the bold flavor.
If convenience is your priority, this can't be beat. If you have to, you could even drink the coffee right from the spout and you wouldn't need a coffee cup. But I poured my into a cup. I could see the oils floating on the top of the coffee.

IMG_1408.JPG
IMG_1409.JPG

Last edited:
old style blue steel percolator pot for boiling the water, a 1.5 qt Lexan French Press, and lidded stainless coffee mugs .. with normally Peets Coffee made thick ! I'll use any specialty good coffee too , not starfxxxs though ... no mostly just peets !.... my coffee setup is the first to get packed in the truck ... if I forget my sleeping bag , I can can always cover up with brush ... but really good pressed peets at least to me is most important ! ha

I got a fancy plastic and ceramic hand mill at william sanoma along with a large mocha pot for about 75 bucks, then promptly found a yard sale sportin that old Pezzetti mocha pot and Seivert SVEA 123 that I posted a pic of along with an old wooden and metal hand mill all bought for 23 bucks and a 2 dollar tip...

friggin AWESOME...one brew took me home to fresno from stockton after a 12 hour shift- about a 2 1/2 hour drive- I didn't even look at the starbucks I was passing...

We had 110v in "camp" this week...

IMG_6640.JPG

my coffee kit in test drive...View attachment 1243181

I use a moka pot to make my coffee on the stove top every day. It makes the best coffee in the world, kind of a cross between espresso and drip. I'd recommend getting a stainless steel one vs the more common aluminum models.

You have to be careful not to melt the plastic handle near flame, but they are a great camping setup.

'Scuze my coffee noobness, but wtf is really the difference between "pour over" vs. drip?

Drip method is small drips little by little. That gives the water a chance to permeate the coffee grounds and let the water stay in the coffee longer to give a more bold flavor.

Pour over you pour a large amount of water in at one time and the water soaks through the coffee grinds faster and theoretically less flavor from the grounds because the water leaks out faster

so, you can use a manual style brewer that STILL makes garbage? sheesh, I'll stick to the press. Kcups have their place, but should stay in the city....

Why anyone would make k-cups in the bush is beyond me. Camping is about slowing down and savoring. I will happily grind my beans, press my coffee (aeropress) and go curl back up with the wifey, thank you very much.

Why anyone would make k-cups in the bush is beyond me. Camping is about slowing down and savoring. I will happily grind my beans, press my coffee (aeropress) and go curl back up with the wifey, thank you very much.
So you make coffee for your woman in the morning too? Nice.

often, yes. The subtleties of making coffee are left to me. She does appreciate the taste difference of a good cup, but has not the patience to make one....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom