Bye for now sold LX and bought RX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After spending time over the last couple weeks flushing the AHC system, drain and fills on Tranny and moving to full syn oil, my wife and I have been debating the need for size and capabilities of the LX versus something a little smaller, much newer and better MPG's. As much as I dream about building the LX as an Expo vehicle and spending time exploring the western back roads the reality is that life will not be moving in that direction for quite some time. About a month ago we were hunting for my wife's new car and ended up with a CPO Lexus NX200t and have to say the extended warranty of the CPO is a huge selling point. I took my 12yo with me this morning to test drive a few different vehicle (4Runner, Highlander, RX350) and was sold that the RX was what I thought I would enjoy driving for the next couple of years and it atleast is AWD. The dealer had marked the RX down with the end of month and end of sales events this weekend and had what I felt like was a really good price, the big question is what would they be willing to do with my LX, I knew I would be more than happy to keep it if the money wasn't right. I was very picky when I bought the LX to make sure it had clean Carfax, 1 owner from Florida and had up to date service records with Lexus. After the sales manager looked at the LX he said it was the cleanest trade he had ever seen and they came up $3700 from their original estimate of trade value so the deal was done.
There will day down the road when I will have another LC or 2, hopefully vintage and as a toy but I will not be a stranger.

Pragmatism vs Religion, practicality vs ideology.. Why not? Good luck with your new wagons :)

I am thinking about doing the same myself. I love my LX but it's just not the most practical vehicle for my family and I right now.

RXs are lame. Small trunk space and drive like a mini van. You would have better off buying a Camry. Then again Camrys are lame also. Enjoy!

Congrats! RXs are nice. We are in in the market to buy another car, and if we are not getting another LC, then RX is a strong contender.

I just bought a 2010 RX 450h and man, is it nice on the inside compared to my LX's. Super quiet and I have been able to hit 32 mpg consistently on my daily commutes (approx. 50 miles round-trip and driving conservatively). I was tired of putting unnecessary miles on the LX's and just wanted a commuter car to dump the miles on. It's a great vehicle, but nowhere in the same league as the LX's in terms of capability and ruggedness and safety.

RXes are nice, and my dad tried to convince me that it should be my next vehicle. My counterpoints: they are everywhere, most of the ones I see are driven by females, and the final reason is my mom drives one. Again, they are very nice, enjoy RX ownership!

It's a great vehicle, but nowhere in the same league as the LX's in terms of ...safety.
For what it's worth the RX350 has had freakishly good safety record. It's strung together some years without a single fatality. Obviously there is some selection bias built in as RX drivers aren't known to be speed demons, heavy drinkers or meth heads. But given the other drivers on the road that are it's quite remarkable.
Death rates fall as vehicles improve

A newer LX is far from my budget to be in the age and mileage range I would want, the GX while very nice, the 3rd row is very limited and I strongly dislike the side swing tailgate. If the tailgate lifted like a 4Runner or was 2 piece like the LX then it would likely be sitting in my garage.

I had an 08 RX, like that vehicle but a bit loud. Bro just picked up a 14 RX, pretty nice but still loud. 100 series and 200 series LX beat it hands down in my opinion. But gas mileage wise is great compare to LX, not refinement, cargo room and ride quality. But what matters is as long as you love it! I literally smile everytime I jump in my 11LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom