BUYER'S BEWARE THIS SELLER - WCRUISERJUNKIE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't shoot the messenger guys... Trial date continued again to Aug 9!
The only thing I can think of is that he's buying time to 'refund' us in hopes that the judge may go easier on him.

@SoCalJB, if you filed one of the 10 claims in our case I strongly suggest that you contact the officer in charge and tell him about the bounced check. That Chris's attempts are failing and that the victims are tired of this drawn out process. A full year has past and it was just pushed out again to Aug! Ask why this case is not being heard.

I guess it wouldn't hurt if ALL of us made that same call.
Case #295062
Judge: Greenholtz
Officer: Manka
(423) 821-1226

Chime back in when you learn something.
Don

Great work Don!
I hope Shane of MetricTLC is reading this thread!

Guys,

I am dealing with this guy to get my money back paid for some parts. His handle is Wcruiserjunkie /real name Chris Wilson and Fletcher Lane II LLC paypal name/ and he is parting out a couple of 60s. I really suspect he is fraudulent and trying to rip people here. I paid $480 for OME lift springs but after asking pics for 3 days he sent some pics of other brands of springs. I still agreed to buy them and sent him the money. But delayed shipping for almost a month giving bs reasons and after I told him to cancel the deal and refund my money he disappeared. I filed a paypal dispute and only after that he refunded half of my money. I am trying to get the rest of my money without success. He doesn't reply to my messages even I threatened to go public. I made a claim with paypal and will see what happens. It looks like I am not the only one who got trouble dealing with him. At least on member complained about him here in the forum. But he managed to get his money back.
Just joined this forum tonight because I had been in communication with Chris Wilson from TN regarding a 96 Land Cruiser and he is wanting to meet in Nashville this weekend to complete the purchase for $5500 it appears I should not bother meeting him from all the messages I have read on this forum. Please advise?

Just joined this forum tonight because I had been in communication with Chris Wilson from TN regarding a 96 Land Cruiser and he is wanting to meet in Nashville this weekend to complete the purchase for $5500 it appears I should not bother meeting him from all the messages I have read on this forum. Please advise?

Lenny, Don't do it...be safe.

I started to write a summary of warnings, but if this entire thread doesn't stop you in your tracks, no amount of 'advice' will.

Please post a link/ links here to the Cruiser or any parts he has for sale.

Every time a listing is found of his, you should create a listing called CAUTION!!! with the same title. Then post a link to this thread stating, Before you buy, you may want to read this.

Nice he posts his phone number

(423) 509-5769

Last edited:
I would suggest meeting him in a flatbed because surely you'll be towing it at some point.

I got a call from the DAs office asking me to give the details of my transactions with Chris. Fortunately I was in front of my work computer at the time and was able to pull up the entire email chain and give accurate dates and quotes. If you're involved in the case, you'll probably be getting a similar call soon. Slowly but surely the wheels are turning.

Yes...
Our hero, Det. McGuffy was out ill for some time and I'm not sure if he is currently available to assist going forward. The case has been assigned to a DA who is helping to build our case. We are all going to have to follow Doc's lead and compile/deliver our own Chris Wilson story. Y'all gotta remember that the these fine folks are understaffed and need our facts to bring this to closure.

So, please take some time to go through your emails and document the dates and agreements you made with Chris Wilson. Now is not the time to throw in the towel. Chris is hoping that we'll fold and just write off our losses. We can't let that happen because he is still out there committing fraud against our brothers and must be stopped. Even though Chris has reconciled with me, I am still committed to telling my story to the judge so that he understands the full impact of Chris' deceptions.

Just came across this thread. I had been dealing with Chris for awhile and he helped me out a lot with my build and tracking down parts I needed. That was until a few months ago after I gave him a $350 deposit on a transmission that I haven't received yet (I only owed him another $50 on it). Ive tried calling him but I'm assuming he changed his number or something happened after seeing all of the above reports. I would really just like to get my trans! Has anyone been able to get in touch with him? Did these claims ever go to court? Sounds like I'm probably just wasting time at this point...

did you try this number from his last cl ad

(423) 509-5769

If the criminal trial ended in a guilty verdict, a sentencing should be next. Make sure you coordinate with the Victims Rights folk at prosecutors office so they have a complete picture of total monies owed. That info would be given to the judge at time of sentencing and he can order restitution along w/ jail, fines, costs, probation, whatever. If he doesn’t cough it up under restitution order. Then join all folks who were ripped off into one civil lawsuit so the total damages get you out of the small claims jurisdiction and into District court [or whatever that lower court is in your state]. Taking a judgment against him in that lower court will give you the ability to subpoena him in for a creditors exam w/ an order to produce all his financials, bank account info, vehicle registrations, deeds to property etc... Once you have that info, garnish accounts, execute on property, seize assets via court officer.

Make sure you plead a fraud count because typically that count allows for attorney fees and costs as part of the judgment so you aren’t out of pocket on your attorney fees in the civil suit and get made whole.

Good luck!

If the criminal trial ended in a guilty verdict, a sentencing should be next. Make sure you coordinate with the Victims Rights folk at prosecutors office so they have a complete picture of total monies owed. That info would be given to the judge at time of sentencing and he can order restitution along w/ jail, fines, costs, probation, whatever. If he doesn’t cough it up under restitution order. Then join all folks who were ripped off into one civil lawsuit so the total damages get you out of the small claims jurisdiction and into District court [or whatever that lower court is in your state]. Taking a judgment against him in that lower court will give you the ability to subpoena him in for a creditors exam w/ an order to produce all his financials, bank account info, vehicle registrations, deeds to property etc... Once you have that info, garnish accounts, execute on property, seize assets via court officer.

Make sure you plead a fraud count because typically that count allows for attorney fees and costs as part of the judgment so you aren’t out of pocket on your attorney fees in the civil suit and get made whole.

Good luck!

I'm not personally impacted by this thief, but thank you for sharing that information with those who are!!

Your suggestions should give the 'screwed' buyers, in all of the Bad Sellers - Bad Buyers threads, a better understanding of the remedies available to them.

Thank you!!

:cheers:

Someone very close to me was involved in a relationship with Chris. She was a student at the time, with a small amount of savings. Chris "borrowed" over $5,000, interest free, from her, and of course, has not repaid a penny of it. His not paying back the loan has resulted in her being in a very precarious financial situation.

If your group decides to file a civil suite against Chris, would it be possible for her to be involved?

I'm no lawyer, but the only hang up I can see would be if the court considered the case too far progressed to add a new claim. However, as I see it (and again, not a lawyer), the claims against Chris in this ongoing case are not limited to land cruiser parts only. Were I you, I'd contact the DA's office and ask. The worst they can say is bring a separate small claims case against him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom