BUYER'S BEWARE THIS SELLER - WCRUISERJUNKIE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I just got back from giving Chris a deposit on a Land Cruiser he listed on Craigslist. LC wasn't finished but I gave him a 500.00 deposit (an took a title) and am supposed to pick it up on Wednesday. Now, after discovering this thread, I'm confident that isn't happening. it seems as though he isn't making restitution if he is continuing to post ads on CL. Technically he hasn't yet failed to deliver anything, but after reading this thread... its kinda obvious what's going to happen. If anyone knows any current info on him, please let me know. I've texted him letting him know I found this info on him, so we'll see how he plays this given he's in hot water.

Here's the ad 1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser

Don't accept any excuses when Wednesday comes.
Your position must be either...
1) Keys
2) Deposit returned
3) Calling Detective

Local law enforcement knows where he lives and should intercede if 1 or 2 fail.
Please post what happens.

Ad has been deleted. Just go pick it up, and tell him you will sent him the balance later :)

Ad has been deleted

It was deleted because I put a deposit on it and will hopefully pick it (or another one) up Wednesday.

Just to update- I met with Chris today for a few hours and we're working through our deal. Aside form a couple of hiccups things are working towards an amicable conclusion. I will update when the deal is done.

Just wanted to update to say my transaction with Chris was successful. He went above and beyond to make sure everything worked out. I can't speak to anyone else's case, but its only fair to say mine was successful. I might have prematurely posted after learning about this whole debacle, but when the deadline came around, Chris delivered.

Congratulations!
Let me just say from all of us that we are happy to NOT be counting you as a member of our club.
Enjoy your ride.

Update?

At his arraignment, they found sufficient evidence to hold him for trial. Trial date (for now) is set for April 12.

I remain amazed by our legal system. An obvious crook multiple victims and it has taken this long to legitimize that Mr. Wilson may be a crook and needing to stand trial. But I suppose I've groaned enough about all that. Excited that this slow ball is rolling!

Agree on the sticky............this guy is still dealing in Cruisers and cruiser parts it could hamper his business model if his future customers/victims were aware of his "strategies".

Thanks for the nudge Runner.
Mr. Wilsons's court date is still scheduled for April 12.

We are all going to be watching and talking about this soon.
Don

Trial date: June 7

If you don't mind can everyone Chris Wilson owes money and parts to please respond with the amount? He owes me $700. I really think what he is doing is fraud. To add to the issue he lives in a house according to tax records that is valued around $700k. I live very close to him and have met him face to face. It's very unfortunate what he has done by mis-leading people.

He owes me $1,230 - the check he wrote me (as a refund) bounced.

Don't shoot the messenger guys... Trial date continued again to Aug 9!
The only thing I can think of is that he's buying time to 'refund' us in hopes that the judge may go easier on him.

@SoCalJB, if you filed one of the 10 claims in our case I strongly suggest that you contact the officer in charge and tell him about the bounced check. That Chris's attempts are failing and that the victims are tired of this drawn out process. A full year has past and it was just pushed out again to Aug! Ask why this case is not being heard.

I guess it wouldn't hurt if ALL of us made that same call.
Case #295062
Judge: Greenholtz
Officer: Manka
(423) 821-1226

Chime back in when you learn something.
Don

Last edited:
GD the wheels of justice spin like pond water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom