Button blank ideas - digital thermostat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lp2k

Had a couple of drinks.. saw a couple of things
Threads
So I've noticed to the left of the steering wheel is room for 2 more buttons with the blanks I see.

Any idea what mr toyota had visioned or installed in there ?

I was thinking of a thermostat LCD readout , maybe green like the clock and basic C or F toggle .. Or maybe a digital LCD compass to snap in? Let me know what you guys think of something like this

The beauty is you can put whatever you want there and be within a fingers reach.

If you find a digital thermometer that will fit and look clean, Id be interested in what you find and how it looks.

I have been looking and looking for an outside thermometer to fit in a Toyota blank. I'm not electronic savvy enough to even make one, wish I was. I found a few candidates on ebay and stuff. At lease they were LCD readouts with temp probes. They were even close to the right dimensions. However, most of them were Celsius.

Ideally I want one for one of the vertical and horizontal blanks to fit both my 80 and T100. The T100 only has vertical/ up and down blanks in the dash. For an 80 I'd like to put it horizontal in the middle of the dash, but there are some vertical blanks too on an 80.

Ideally, they have to be green to match the Toyota color scheme, and it would be nice if they dimmed like the clock does at night with the lights on.

I have found it pretty nice to know the outside temp anymore, newer cars have spoiled me I guess, nice in the winter when it is starting to freeze.

I have a second antenna up/down switch over there for winch in/out. Not hooked up yet.

Don't waste a blank spot on a temp gauge. It is fairly easy and inexpensive to mount a recycled autodim gentex rear view mirror with temp display.

I've used all the blanks

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

image-2948253745.jpg

ontopofm said:
I've used all the blanks Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Got any info on the voltmeters? Are they flush in the switch blank or on top of?

I've used all the blanks

Where did you get those blue gauges? You have a site to point us to?

thanks!

I've used all the blanks

Where do you input the date you want to travel too? I don't remember the DeLorean having a Ipad?!

Pretty sweet. Besides the voltmeter what are the other two?

Where did you get those blue gauges? You have a site to point us to? thanks!

Amazon, post above

Where do you input the date you want to travel too? I don't remember the DeLorean having a Ipad?! Pretty sweet. Besides the voltmeter what are the other two?

Bottom 2 are volt meters for each battery. Top is digital F thermometer.

I have been looking and looking for an outside thermometer to fit in a Toyota blank. I'm not electronic savvy enough to even make one, wish I was. I found a few candidates on ebay and stuff. At lease they were LCD readouts with temp probes. They were even close to the right dimensions. However, most of them were Celsius.

Ideally I want one for one of the vertical and horizontal blanks to fit both my 80 and T100. The T100 only has vertical/ up and down blanks in the dash. For an 80 I'd like to put it horizontal in the middle of the dash, but there are some vertical blanks too on an 80.

Ideally, they have to be green to match the Toyota color scheme, and it would be nice if they dimmed like the clock does at night with the lights on.

I have found it pretty nice to know the outside temp anymore, newer cars have spoiled me I guess, nice in the winter when it is starting to freeze.

What's the size of a blank?

This looks close, it's 1.7"

41F5tVDi4IL._SX425_.jpg

Installed a cheap digital thermometer, it doesn't work as I was hoping. The cord runs through the firewall into the engine bay then out through the wheel well, never have gotten a correct temp. :meh:

Installed a cheap digital thermometer, it doesn't work as I was hoping. The cord runs through the firewall into the engine bay then out through the wheel well, never have gotten a correct temp. :meh:

I ran to the front of the truck thru the grill and found the temp to be very accurate.

I have added 4 small switches in the two blanks I had left. I will add stickers with their purpose above.
- power to winch
- bullbar lights
- work lights in the back
- not sure yet :)

Wil post pic when I use the car this week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom