Burger Add-On ?'s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So at CM this year there was a shop out of Colorado that was cooking burgers during the vendor show. I didn't realize they were free until way to late but still got one. They were super awesome and tasty. While I was waiting in line I could see that some ladies were mixing stuff into the ground beef but didn't pay much attention to it. Now I'm thinking about how awesome the burgers were and would like to re-create them.

If I remembered the name of the shop that was giving the burgers away I'd just call them and beg for details but I don't. Anyone on here that might have knowledge as to what they were putting in and maybe some ratios that would do it for me on a smaller scale?

Thanks.

I have no idea what they were adding, but I add Legg's Old Plantation Pork Sausage Seasoning to a 50/50 mix of ground beef and ground pork for my hamburgers. It says it's a blend of salt, red pepper, sage, sugar, and black pepper. I should play around with spices some and figure out my own blends.

I usually don't mess with my burgers, but have mixed in basil and garlic or cilantro and serranos (all finely diced), and had good results. Meatloaf on the other hand, is limitless and easy to play with.

My favorite burger, grilled ground chuck, applewood bacon, sliced avocado, (some kind of heat, be it serranos, jalapenos, or ghost pepper cheese), dab of mayo, and red onion on a toasted bun. Something about the smokey saltiness of the bacon, mixed with avocado and heat brings on the yum.
Minus the chuck, add a home grown tomato slice and lettuce, it makes a fine BLT.

Ground brisket burgers topped with grilled onions, jalapenos, mushrooms, pepper jack cheese, mustard on a toasted bun

Dave's Insanity Sauce on occasion;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom