Buick 225 distributor question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My son's 51 Willys just received a 225 V6 transplant. It's a great little engine and runs OK, but I have that missfire on the right bank. I think I have the wrong cap on the distributor and don't trust the replacement parts.

Does anyone know if the point distributor caps had the long odd spaced contact points in them like the HEI caps?

And yeah, that little air filter is going away...

leftV6.JPG
leftV6.JPG

Last edited:
225s are all odd-fires IIRC. When they went to the 231 it was even-fire (although there were a few 231 odd-fires when they first started producing them). It's always going to sound like it has a miss when it is at idle.

Thanks for the replies, and I've joined the EarlyCJ5.com forum to have a little more direct access to the clan. I found that we had clocked the plug wires "one" over to get the vacuum advance to clear. Wrong move, with that 45/75 degree firing thing. I pulled the distributor out and reset it it two teeth over and now everything clears and fires on the right side again. On to sorting out the carb or just ordering a Holley 2300 2 barrel.

What are you running for induction? We have an old Rochester 2CG on there, but it's worn out the throttle shafts. I'm about ready to order that Holley 2300 so we can change the jets easy at elevation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom