Bug Catcher Weather Strip Kits for your 1958-1966 2x/4x (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
Got the bugcatcher window rattles?

BC_Bad.JPG

Cruiser Outfitters is proud to announce a re-introduction of weather-stripping kits for the 40 & 45 Bug Catcher style vent windows. Mud member Robert F. initially made these kits ~10 years ago, offering them at a price of $75-100 per vehicle (enough to build w/s for both door vents). Sadly Robert sold out of his material and we were unable to find the manufacture he used and thus take advantage of the already constructed tooling. We tried our best to source a 1-piece w/s for both the 16" and 17" varieties. It was possible but the required volume just didn't work out and thus we went back to hunting for a 4-pc kit offering. The tooling wasn't cheap but the material is quality and we own the exclusive use of the tooling so if/when there is demand beyond this initial batch of ~200 truck, we can have another run made and imported.

These kits will not include any instructions for the time being. These are a "cut & fit" kit, i.e. you will need to experiment with coping and gluing the corners as well as spot gluing the w/s into the door frame on final install. If someone is serious about installing them in their Cruiser, knows the effort it will require and is willing to take some quality photos and start a nice thread about the process in a timely manner, I'd be willing to donate a set to said person. If you're like me and won't get to it for a few months, we'll sell them to you :D

What is included:

80" of profile #1 - This is enough to do two vent windows (top, front and bottom material)

Profile_1 (Small).jpg

40" of profile #2 - This is enough to do two vent windows (back material)

Profile_2 (Small).jpg

You will have approx 4-6" extra of each material, we've decided to do this in order to allow you some sample material to practice the corners with or try a few different corner cuts.

I would like to thank all the Mudders who encouraged this project, sent links and manufacturing suggestions, etc. Particuarly @rutbeer, @CycloSteve, @RustyNailJustin, @SLOCRUISER, @whitey45, @andybudge and several others I'm forgetting right now. Buy them a cold beverage next time you see them as they are awesome Cruiserheads :cool:

So without further ado, the kits are live in our computer and ready to ship as soon as tomorrow!

Part# WSBUGCKIT - $97.50/vehicle, 10% discount for orders of 2 or more.

WSBUGCKIT.jpg

Please call or email the shop to place a phone order:
Cruiser Outfitters

Or you can order 24/7 here:
Bugcatcher Vent Window Weatherstrip Kit - Fits 1958 - 1967 2x/4x "Bugcatcher Style" Vent Window Applications (WSBUGCKIT) - https://cruiserteq.com/bugcatcher-vent-window-weatherstrip-kit-fits-1958-1967-2x-4x-bugcatcher-style-vent-window-applications-wsbugckit/

Last edited:
The test fit on my 1966 FJ45, it turned out quite nice and I'm confident with a little more patience I could clean up the corners a bit more too.

BC_1.JPG

BC_2.JPG

Nice job Kurt.

I think my wife is happier than I am. She can shut the door on the 45 without the glass popping out of the frame :D

Well done Kurt, we need to get together at a desert race one of these days. We are planning a 1000 race in 2017.
I will be buying several sets of these!

Well done Kurt, we need to get together at a desert race one of these days. We are planning a 1000 race in 2017.
I will be buying several sets of these!

Awesome! Would love to catch up.

I would like one pair for my blue longbed. Should I call?

Called the order in. Thanks for the shop discount.

Called the order in. Thanks for the shop discount.

Thank you. It has shipped! You'll see tracking information shortly.

Thanks for all the orders, we've been packaging up kits all morning to keep up :D

Ordered 3 sets today. Thanks Kurt.

Do you think these would work for an LV window?

Do you think these would work for an LV window?

No, not cleanly anyway. We are investigating other rubber offerings but that isn't one we have a on the immediate radar.

Thanks for the feedback ...I'll get up with you later in the week about springs for my LV

I've had a few inquiries about a group ship option for Austrailia. Anyone interested?

Installed one of my sets in my Fixed Top 63 FJ45. This rubber is super well made to spec, it fits nice and tight. If you spend a little time mittering the corners its worth the effort.
20160617_171226.jpg

Last edited:
The cutting tools used plus some Windex for lube
20160617_171836.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom