Broke Rear Spring Perch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, it suddenly happened like most things with a "clunk" when I was backing over a curb. Slowly I might add. After that, the Cruiser just seemed to track weird. I had to turn steering wheel almost 90 degrees to make it go straight. Its been doing this lately and I figured...well, time for another alignment.

Then I got home and had a closer look. Dayum. First sign of trouble was the right REAR shackle (closest to my non-existent bumper). It was flat. Looked other side and it was NOT connected to the frame. The tire itself was maybe 2 inches from the body. No wonder she was tracking left.

How much doo-doo am I in? I've been looking at the Toyota body manual and whilst it talks about springs and shackles, there doesn't seem to be any mention of these spring perches. They look like they're bolted on, so maybe the bolts just gave?

Thoughts? Ideas? Haalp!

Ah ok. So not the end of the world. Thanks for the tip.

Depends if your in canada and I see that you are. Maybe the perch or spring hanger rusted off the frame. I have seen this before once or twice. Inspect yo frame.

Frame was rusty, but mostly just surface rust. I treated, painted and thought all was good...but apparently not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom