Bringing back the 40 (again) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Havn't done much lately with the s***ty weather but got the dog house/hump repaired and installed. The seal is not available so found one that works perfect at Canuck tire. Painted up a few things like both shifters and foot pedals etc. I can now get the gas tank and seats back in and start her up.

IMGP2011.JPG IMGP2012.JPG

It runs and i took a video but you are talking to a guy whose VCR still blinks 12.00 and i cant seem to attach it so you will just have to believe me.

VCR??? Hell, we threw out the DVD machine 3 yrs ago. I think it's PVR now...

It runs and i took a video but you are talking to a guy whose VCR still blinks 12.00 and i cant seem to attach it so you will just have to believe me.

Bring 'er to the next meet in January so we can check it out! Or next run if you don't mind getting it dirty.

Signals non op on drivers side so i took a peek and it looks like a slight ground problem. Phoned Toyota and they wanted 520 bucks for assembly and it showed obsolete so i contacted CCOT and they had the same part from Toyota for 89 US so being the thrifty type i went for the aftermarket part made in Japan for 69 US Here is a pic of both parts.

IMGP2040.JPG

Today was the install of the running boards, Best-top bikini top, center consul, floor mats(hard as plywood because of the temp) and serviced the winch and all connections. Then took it for a good spin without insurance and i think i got away with it.
IMGP2042.JPG IMGP2043.JPG

Looking good! Not too sure how long those lights will last out there? J

I already have a crack in the left one and have bent the bumper corners back on many outings without breaking the lights. They are cheepies and i mounted them in existing holes. They sure do light up the road mounted there and one time out in the bush we blew something and had to drive home in the dark with just those lights.

Signals non op on drivers side so i took a peek and it looks like a slight ground problem. Phoned Toyota and they wanted 520 bucks for assembly and it showed obsolete so i contacted CCOT and they had the same part from Toyota for 89 US so being the thrifty type i went for the aftermarket part made in Japan for 69 US Here is a pic of both parts.

View attachment 1187307
I've seen your patch work Vern, I still think you can salvage those...

Today was the install of the running boards, Best-top bikini top, center consul, floor mats(hard as plywood because of the temp) and serviced the winch and all connections. Then took it for a good spin without insurance and i think i got away with it.

Looks great! Must be nice to have it back on the road. Does it need an inspection now, or just a trip to the insurance broker?

Come show it off at the 6 mile meet this Saturday evening if you can.

I feel like a wanker when i see what PeeZed gets done in a day compared to what I do but i saw he painted his air cleaner assembly the other day and i thought hell I could do that. I had everything off to clean and adjust carb then removed valve cover to adjust valves and painted up cover as well. It should go way faster now that it is looking reel purdy.

IMGP2049.JPG

Doing the other ambi door now. First pic doesn't look too bad but 2nd pic shows whats left after removing the fiberglass repair. I cut out all rust and am about half way done and hope to finish today with pic of finished product.
IMGP2068.JPG
IMGP2069.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom