Breakfasts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not enough calories there, leaving out that yolk. You should have deep fried it. You are in Memphis after all.

Not enough calories there, leaving out that yolk. You should have deep fried it. You are in Memphis after all.

How about a deep-fried poached egg on a nest of cheese grits? :grinpimp:

image.jpg

(Lifted from the Internet)

^ I saw Michael Chiarello do the panko crusted fried in olive oil soft boiled egg a number of years ago...and after going through a period where I made them that way for awhile...I have to say its just an incredibly tasty egg presentation!

Hmmm...gotta put panko and more olive oil on the grocery list :D

With crispy fried pork belly confit :D

Home Grown Eggs, multigrain bread

Add a little grape seed oil and a steel pan
One eyed Egyptians, chicks in a basket whatever you call it, I call it .........

good eats

That looks good! Wife made bagel sandwiches for breakfast yesterday as well. No home made bagels though:crybaby:.

Been doing something like this for a couple weeks. Ham, egg, cheese, salsa. Basic, plain and effective. It'd make a great sandwich if we ever get some bread.

View attachment 1056235

I make something similar to that. Foundation of hash brown, then meat (bacon, sausage, etc), cheddar cheese, & fried eggs on top. Add some variation of pepper sauce or salsa and it's great.

I'm not sure what to call this, but it was the bomb. Maybe a taco-lette?

Start with flour tortillas - toast one side in melted butter on the griddle.

image.jpg

Once 90% toasted, top with cheese (sliced muenster in this case) and broil until cheese bubbles and just starts to form a crust. The griddle is still hot and will finish the toasting process.

The cheese will add the structural strength and waterproofing needed to handle the next ingredients.

image.jpg

Meanwhile, in the pan...

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you time it perfectly, you are pulling the exoskeleton out of the broiler just as the omelette is finishing up. Scramble slightly and insert into the shell.

image.jpg

I also added (after the shot) some avacado, and a few dashes of chipotle and green hot sauces.

This thing had juices flowing like the mighty Mississippi, but the shell held together til the last bite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom