Brake lines to front caliper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
Threads
Quite some time ago the part numbers were given here for running the flex line directly from the hard line to the caliper and not utilizing the hard line from the backing plate to the caliper. I tried the search, but can't get the answer. If you know, please repost. I did get some lines from NAPA that work, but they are too long, though I was able to test the concept and modify the metal tab to hold the 17mm hex (original was round on the 40). It all turned out great but the flex line seems too long and I'm worried it could get caught on something.

the numbers are listed on the main page under cruiser facts < I think > I know its on the main page.

Napa 38878 is the short and 38881 is the long. At least around CA they are special order and take several days to get.

hope this helps :)

Thanks John-just what I wanted.

Another tid-bit for some future searcher: the NAPA 380127 also works and is about 1/4 inch shorter than the 38881, and about $7 cheaper as well. I don't know why 2 nearly identical hoses with identical fittings, made from the same materials differ so much in price, but if you want the "long" hose, the 380127 is the one to buy.

in case anybody wants to find that napa hose, Napa 38878, somewhere else, the application is for a 1989 toyota van, or a 1981-1983 toyota starlet.

never heard of a starlet... so, you can imagine that these parts are all special order... i am in the middle of gathering parts and found that ALL the parts dealers have to order them.... :mad: oh well, just another delay....

e

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom