1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brake line vs header

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by x-unimog404, Aug 20, 2003.

1. x-unimog404

x-unimog404

I recently installed a set of stainless steel brake lines on my 73 fj-40.When I dropped the engine in, I noticed the brake line rubs on the header.The original line would do the same.There is a plate which bolts onto the frame which covers the line and the connector, but with the header, it will not fit.
    Anyone run into this problem and have a fix?????
    My first thought was to move the bracket and adjust the upper brake line to fit.
    Any thoughts?????
    Thanks.
    Robbbbbbbbbbb. :D

2. s79bj40

s79bj40

bend that bastard of a mount at an angle?

3. 73lndcrsr

73lndcrsr SILVER Star

I ended up re-routing mine. I had an extra long line though. I reversed the mount and it now runs toward the front. Seems to be plenty out of the way of everything.

4. dd113

dd113

On mine, I moved the bracket to the outside of the frame rail. I pulled on the hard line and it extended far enough then I used a FJ55 RR line (avail from NAPA) for the soft line. Gave me the extra length I needed for the bracket move and the lift.

5. JARHEAD

JARHEAD

I had the same problem with my clutch line. It would get hot and loose all freeplay in the pedal. I used header wrap from summit racing. cheap and easy fix.

6. toddslater

toddslater SILVER Star

I did what s79bj40 did. Quick easy and effective.