Brake Job $ -? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How much should a brake job cost on a '94 with the difflock/abs/4wheel disc package ?
(new rotors, turning is not an option)

Another semi-related question-
'94 FZJ80, 194k mi, difflocks (center diff not locking, so F&R aren't either) very well taken care of, front axle service every 60k.
Owner asking 10.9 in paper(orig. askin 11.9), (been for sale for 2.5 months now) told me tonight to make an offer. What offer would you make? (pretty sure all the lockers need is a CDL to work, guy in club had exact same situation)
Yes this is the same cruiser as before, i know I have probably worn you guys out on this, and if I have let me know. I would just like to know what someone else would pay for this.
Thanks again!

8) Didn't chime in on this the first time but, here in FLA that cruiser would list for about 9500. With that mileage and those issues I would start there. I doubt this helps you much, but I am a bit closer than most of the other guys here and I too am looking for another.

8,000 to 8,500

Let cdan or someone else chime in on brake job price. Use that to justify taking more off. I'd tell the dude his truck has more issues than a broke crackho. Needs a thorough brake job and drivetrain has issues. You'll do him a favor by taking it off his hands because you can fix it yourself.

DO NOT PAY MORE THAN $8,500 FOR THIS TRUCK. Good luck.

Bailey,

I can't dial into work at the moment our dial-up is down but I'll toss a VERY round number at you. New pads and rotors all the way around with front wheel bearing seals and a dash of hardware would be in the neighborhood of 650 bucks list. That number does not include labor. Again guessing, the total at a dealer would be about a grand parts and labor.

If you like I can get exact numbers for you on Monday. PM me if you would like that.

Dan.

I just needed the numbers for the brake job, cause he told me that he just had it done and it cost him $600 bucks. My dad and I thought he was crazy since a full round job on our 'burban was only about 200.
The brakes are fine, only issue is the lockers and an intermittent CEL from a loose o2 connector.
We had originally offered 8 the day after he put it on the market, its been 2 months and not many offers so now he may take it. I was thinking about saying 7500 and then hoping he'll stick at 8.
Thanks for the offer C-dan, a round figure was all I needed.
He did take it to the local dealer to see about getting the lockers fixed, but the dealer wouldn't/couldn't do it or something. I think all it needs is a manual CDL.
This'll be my dads truck for two years and I'll get it when I go to college, :D Until then I think he's gonna need some sliders, slee bumpers, and OME just so he can safely get around the parking deck ;) :D
Anymore suggestions etc are welcome...
Thanks again guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom