Brake booster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Am upgrading my 40 to disc brakes (front and rear), and have a master cylinder from A 94 fJZ80. The bolt pattern on the master cylinder assumes you are bolting it to a booster.

I do not want to (don't need more space taken up under the hood), and could very easily modify a plate, which I did for the 69 master cylinder on the 72 tub.

However, if I was going to put a booster in, what is the smallest booster which would fit and work?

You mean like this?

57_c8ca3fa1-0fba-4f33-8b3a-8a88e5fd6954_large.jpg

Disc brakes will work without a booster, but it sure seems a shame to do a conversion half way, leaving out the best part of the conversion.

@lc69hunter

It's off of a FZJ80. Check photos here.

I have a few customers who who bought my dual diaphragm booster use this combination to solve space / clearance problems with the carb. The City Racer booster is thinner than the OEM dual diaphragm booster (about 5" thick), and the FZJ80 MC is shorter than the earlier disc brake MC.

@lc69hunter

It's off of a FZJ80. Check photos here.

I have a few customers who who bought my dual diaphragm booster use this combination to solve space / clearance problems with the carb. The City Racer booster is thinner than the OEM dual diaphragm booster (about 5" thick), and the FZJ80 MC is shorter than the earlier disc brake MC.

I will contact you tomorrow. Thanks

Pulled a booster off an early 90's SR5 yesterday. It will NOT fit. The diameter is too large, 10 inches. It interferes with the clutch master, as well as covering the hole in the firewall where the wiring harness come through.

It is substantially lager than the booster on my 74 Pig

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom