"Boxwood" my 1974 Ford F250 2wd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.dudeman.ca
Picked up a new summer roller. It's a 1974 Ford F250 2wd originally out of Kansas.
DSC01843.jpg

A friend of mine owned it up here in Toronto for the past five or six years but recently replaced it with a Toyota truck.

It has a very thirsty 360 under the hood. The motor is a FE model and let me tell you, that does not stand for Fuel Economy.
...Well, the motor finally gave up the ghost after thirty five years of reliable service but I wasn't too disappointed with that as I wanted to replace the motor with something a little newer and more efficient but obviously keeping a V8 under the hood.

I will be relieving this truck from (heavy) work duty and turning it into a cruiser for light duty as a shop truck, keeping the automatic transmission but swapping it over to a four speed (or a three speed with an overdrive).
I came across a low mileage 1991 Cougar with a 5.0L H.O. 302 Mass Air motor, this is a fuel injected roller motor, so over the winter I'll be swapping in this engine.

This will be a slow build up as budget permits, so in the meantime I will continue to drive the Rig of Mortis - my daily driver as of the past thirteen years: a trusty 1983 BJ60.

Here are a couple of photos of "Boxwood" which is what I've named the Ford.

Here is a photograph of what it looked like when I first got the truck.
Boxwood_1974_FORD_F250.jpg

After loading it full of garbage, taking it to the dump, ditching the big, busted, white cap off the back, giving the truck a well needed wash both inside and out, painting up the rims baby blue and throwing some white walls in place, the truck ended up looking considerably better... next summer should be fun for cruising in a different style of 'Cruiser.

1974_F250-2.jpg

1974_F250.jpg

I'll update this as the project progresses.

Sweet ride, really cleaned up nice. Original paint?

Looks perfect with the wheel-repaint/tire combo!!
Love it.

I see that you are in toronto, so asking if it has A/C is kind of moot :p

Looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom