1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boss' 50th birthday... i need a prank...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by metalonmetal, Jan 20, 2006.

1. metalonmetal

metalonmetal EASTVAN'DURO

the boss is turning 50 at the end of the month, everyone in the office has been trying to come up with a prank, but i don't think covering office furniture with post it notes is that funny. any good ideas out there?

2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Supporting Vendor Moderator

I wouldn't do it. A simple "happy birthday", sans, prank(s) that may not be well received, is the way to go.

3. stanley

stanley

does the boss have a "bosses bathroom"? if so saran wrap the toilet

4. Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40 I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!

5. metalonmetal

ya i've already checked that site out... some of it's pretty good

6. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Make an oversize :flipoff2: for him and have the office sign it. Put it on his desk and then send your resume out. :D

7. re_guderian

re_guderian SILVER Star

I'm with Dan. Not worth it...

8. metalonmetal

ah my boss is a good guy, he takes these things well...

9. Deep South Cruisers

Deep South Cruisers

A handicapped symbol in his parking space would go over well :D

A walker at his desk.

Somebody in a grim reaper suit following him around all day.

Call back numbers for cemetery or headstone sales.

10. metalonmetal

i'm sure we could hire a temp...

11. Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40 I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!

12. notyourmomslx450

notyourmomslx450

freeze three cans of old style shaving cream (barbasol, etc.). Once fully frozen *carefully* cut away the can and place in your boss's office. As the shaving cream melts, it will expand and fill the office with foamy white lather.

On second thought, this probably wouldn't go over well, unless you hate your boss and plan on quitting/being fired immediately.

You could always put some raw shrimp in the base of his office chair, set his stapler in a jello mold, or use a blow dryer and a couple of bottles of baby powder under his office door to create a "winter wonderland" inside.

p.s. Jason is not liable for injury, death, or loss of employement resulting from attempts of the stunts listed above.

13. metalonmetal

haha ya those are good ideas if i wanna get fired, i'd rather keep my job though.

14. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Singing telegram could be fun(ny) .. :grinpimp:

15. lunyou

lunyou

fill his office full of packing peanuts.

lunyou

16. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Supporting Vendor Moderator

Geeze,

I'm glad u fawkers don't work for me....:flipoff2:

17. a990dna

a990dna

Buy a cheap bamboo walking cane and mount a mirror and one of those squeeze horns you see on a kids bicycle.

18. samsr

samsr

the old IRS phone call works well. Audit time. Right season too.

19. Shahram

Shahram I ain't got herpes no more. SILVER Star

An ex-girlfriend's grandfather, Grandpa Janss, once owned a development company that built shopping complexes all over Illinois and California. He was one of those millionaire misers you hear about, one of those rich guys arguing with the bus boy at the store because pectin used to cost 14 cents less two years ago. In any case, the old bastard as crazy and loaded and argumentative and would never shut up. I was the only one who ever listened to him, because he had seen some ****, and I respect that. The old man once told me about a prank that he pulled on his former boss, who was this total slave-driving piece of ****. This prank seemed totally corny at first, but then its genius revealed itself as his story went on.

So this slave-driver boss ran a Piggly-Wiggly that Grandpa Janss worked at as a young man back in the 40's, when he was fresh out of the Navy. Nobody liked the boss, because he was coarse, abusive, petty, vengeful, and just plain mean. The boss made pretty good money running the store, and always boasted that he drove a fine automobile, the finest money could buy. The dude was driving a Cadillac of some sort or another, a real looker. This guy never stopped bragging about that car. Only problem was, the car was so dirty, it was almost unrecognizable. Not only did the outside have a thick layer of filth, the inside was covered in mud and dust and trash and bottles and God only knows what.

I don't remember what the event was that prompted this backlash, but the employees, at the behest of Mr. Janss, conspired to steal the boss's Cadillac. They waited until he was heavy into his work, then Mr. Janss stole his car keys out of his hanging jacket, and drove the car away with a few fellow employees in tow. Instead of destroying or defiling it, which Mr. Janss said would have been low and immoral and wrong, they cleaned it. They cleaned it real good.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Why on Earth would they do the slave-driving boss such a favor? And believe me, a few of the conspirators couldn't understand it at first either, as they kept protesting Mr. Janss's plans, but he assured them it would be perfect. When I tell you they cleaned the car, I really mean it. They didn't just clean it, they washed it, hand detailed it, waxed it to a beautiful shine, treated the chrome, polished the wheels and tires, treated the windows, and when it was done, the car looked like it had just rolled off a showroom floor....in heaven. They drove the car and parked it a few car lengths down the street. Then Mr. Janss returned the keys to the boss's jacket pocket.

Every employee was at least privy to what was happening, but none of them really understood what Mr. Janss meant by the prank until the boss left to go home. The boss put on his jacket, took out his car keys, and walked out the front door. They waited in silence....then, he burst through the door. "Janss!" he cried, "Call the police! Some son of a bitch stole my Cadillac!"

It was two days before the police "recovered" the vehicle, less than ten yards from where it had been "stolen," and they were none too pleased with the man who made them search high and low to find his filthy Cadillac.

20. Blue77FJ40

Blue77FJ40 SILVER Star

No way in hell I can top that story, only wanted to say that your boss will probably feel bad enough when he gets home on his birthday and sees an application to AARP in the mail.

Sheesh. Don't ask me how I know.