1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bosch Plug Wires

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by 92Cruiser, Aug 11, 2003.

1. 92Cruiser

92Cruiser

LandToy80 made a comment the other day about Bosch plug wires. He said that they fall apart when removing them. This got me thinking since I have those wires. I recently changed out my spark plugs which was the first time I have had the Bosch wires off since I put them on. After that I noticed a change when starting the truck. It seemed to take longer to fire and ran rough for the first few seconds then it was fine after that. When I got the truck it had Jacobs 8mil performance wires. The FSM says to check the resistance of your wires before replacing. For fun I check both sets.

Bosch 12-14
    Jacobs 5-6

Needless to say the Jacobs are back in and it starts perfect and idles smoother.

Anybody ever check what the resistance is on OEM?

2. Hltoppr

Hltoppr SILVER Star

Media:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    I've heard of numerous problems with aftermarket wires for the 3FE, with fit being at the top of the list. FWIW, I just picked up a set of OEM wires from CDan for only a bit more than the Bosch wires. I'm sticking with OEM.

-H-

3. landtoy80

landtoy80

If you still have the receipt, get your $$ back as they have a life time warranty. I called the factory and told them the fell apart, Bosch said they would refund my $$. I went to parts store and checked the other ones they had and the rubber part would pop off the shaft, the parts dudedet gave me my $$ back 8)
    kurt