Body Swapping? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

This is my first post so bear with me.....

Is it possible to remove the body from a FJ62 and mount it to a body-less HJ60?? What would a procedure like this involve and has anyone actually done it. Thew reason I ask is I am planning an overland trip from London, England to Nairobi, Kenya. Landcruisers are few and far between in the UK but I have managed to find a decent FJ62 with a dead engine and a HJ60 with a rusty body and great engine (Diesel is the better option for Africa). I basically want to create one vehicle from the two.... can it be done????

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Nick

I imagine that you could do that with relative ease as long as you had both vehicles side by side so you could keep "going to the well" to get stuff off of the donor vehicle as you find different stuff.

The fuel systems a different and I imagine the frame mounts are different. You may have to cut the mounts out of the diesel frame to weld them into the petrol frame. There would be lots of swapping of parts back and forth doing an engine swap or a body swap. You should evaluate the over-all chassis condition of both vehicles as well as gear ratios. I think I would want to end up with the best body on top of the best over-all chassis and have the diesel motor in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom