1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Lift

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by sambudo, Jun 24, 2003.

1. sambudo

sambudo

Please tell me the pros and cons of a body lift w/ SOA

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

There aren't really any cons other than the more body lift, the shorter your shifters get :eek: . Thats of course ignoring that fact that all body lifts over 1" look bad :p. Just my opinion ;). Could affect center of gravity, but not by much since most your weight is in that tank of engine and running gear.

3. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    2nd that...1" is fine and your steering column will absorb that little change...any more than that and you'll have firewall/steering box issues (if you are running stock steering) plus anything over 1" just looks odd on a FJ40.

I have a small body lift in mine....

4. PHAT MAX

PHAT MAX

mee too....you will be tipsy either way.

5. erfworm

erfworm

Just installed a 1" body lift on my SUA FJ62 and noticed very little difference in center of gravity change. Of course my set up is spring under not spring over, but I wouldn't think anything around 1" would create any noticeable change. If you are still running a fan shroud, it may have to be modified for clearance on the bottom, but that should be the only modification you need to fit a body lift of the 1" variety. If it bothers you, you will notice a gap mostly around the front and rear bumpers, but that can easily be fixed.
    Hey Woody, where'd my blue faced smiley go? ???