Bluff City Cruisers Registry and Intro (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm one of the detailers, over in the whitten building. I normally drive my other car into work, I think I've seen you over by the vfw. If so, my dad loves your fj40.

I'm always down for something, I do alot of BBQ's and stuff at my place out in shelby Forest, I'll shoot you a PM or whatever when I have the next one. Maybe this Sunday actually.

Hey man. I work with Mark at NRC in the Annex, bldg 394. No cruisers for me, but I'm a car junkie with emphasis on Toyota trucks. Don't usually drive it a lot, as often as possible I ride my Buell, but I have the tall white Tacoma. And of course we've all noticed your car; how could you not notice THAT!? Very nice. For that matter, I think you already know IT1 Kelly Jones who drives the Charger that half the time has the slicks still bolted on from the track; he works with both of us too.

Mark, I bet you wish, just like me, that we'd known this guy sooner. Would have been nice to know someone near the General Store two weeks ago when I was stuck there awaiting rescue because of the dead starter.

Love the small 40. Hopefully we can all get together and talk cars some day.

to say I'm close to the general store would be a huge understatement, I'm almost right next to it. I'll have to have you guys over this sunday, I'll probably be BBQing a couple butts, maybe some ribs, haven't decided. I got all kinds of car projects around the house. I've seen the charger, the one with the loapy cam... I'm glad I don't have to tune it. I'm finishing up a few LSX projects as we speak, just got to find time to balance work and projects. I'm 3574 over at the whitten building.

Just found this group

Hi, Im Nick and I have been a LC addict for 4 months now. This Is my new to me 1975 FJ40. It had sat for 5+ years before I aquired it. I didnt even attempt to start it untill I added Electronic ignition, I rebuilt the aisin Carb, replaced fuel pump, flushed radiator, changed oil, flushed fuel system. It fired up like it was fuel injected and blew a few dead mice and a whole roll of someones pink panther Insulation out the exhaust. I havnt yet tagged it but I believe it is ready. I replaced all the brake components and it really drives better than I expected. Im itchin to get it out and wheel with some LC folks around here. Ive already met a few great people that actually live across the street from my dad who also has a LC addiction with his 79 BJ40.
Here is my project:

And My Daily Driver 1996 Land rover Discovery Turbo Diesel

lcruiser.jpg

rover.jpg

Is this goup still a thing haha?
I am in Oxford MS too and have a '98 100 series and I have been looking for some trails around here and people to wheel with!
LCsunset SARDIS.jpg

Welcome!

This group is still a thing, we just haven't been very active locally lately. Most of us hang out over on the Cottonland forum.

We're actually headed to the Superlift ORV park in two weeks for the Cruiser Crawl put on by Cottonland. Try to make it!

Howdy folks. Just checkin in as it looks as I may be moving to the Memphis
area in the not too distant future. Just wanting to connect with other Cruiserheads and see whats what. Looking for input as to good areas and the not so good. If the job happens I will be working in Southhaven, Miss. I've got family in Memphis that I haven't seen in years. I do fondly remember as a kid eating at Pappy and Jimmys. I looked it up and see they still exist. Its been so long since I have been in Memphistown that I have no idea whats safe and whats not. If anyone is open to "talk/chat/etc" let me know. Oh yeah, the important stuff. Currently I am the owner of 1 1964 FJ40 that has been in the rebuilding state for the last few years. Its not original at all. Its a '64 sitting on '75 or newer axles with a 1.5F motor from a '74 bolted to a four speed tranny. Its been a long slow process but it is more than half way done. My daily driver is '98 100 series that even still has running boards. Its just kinda a ride that works so it is as it is right now.

I'd love to hear from some of the locals and get some input. Hopefully in time we will get to meet and get muddy. (I don't hate mud as I am originally from Nashville and grew up driving a '74 FJ40 a long damn time ago).

Lookin forward to hearin from you.

BTW I'm Harold

Last edited:
Howdy!

Most of the club has fled the area in the last year or so, but there are still a few hold outs left. As far as where to move, it depends on what you are looking for. Any kids in school? Do you want to live in a semi-urban area or the suburbs? Desoto County, MS (Southaven, etc.) has exploded in the past decade or so from folks fleeing Memphis. Holler if you have any questions.

:beer:

No kids other than the dogs. I don't want to be in the city/neighborhoods/or hoods at all. The job is in Southhaven and I was thinking north Shelby county in the woods kind of. Looking for some property with some land. Maybe something I can hunt/shoot on. (Not at the neighbors). If it was closer I would look at Fayette county but it seems to be a bit farther out than can work. I have been in the damn city too long and I want some space of my own. Looking to stay in the Great State of Tennessee so I can avoid State Income tax/es.

Looks like it's been a while since the Club got together....anyone interested in meeting up in Memphis?

A few key members left the area so hasn't been much action since then. Never was a heck of a lot of activity even before that.

Keep on 'em though; eventually the stars will align and there will be a few that can schedule a meetup.

A few key members left the area so hasn't been much action since then. Never was a heck of a lot of activity even before that.

Keep on 'em though; eventually the stars will align and there will be a few that can schedule a meetup.

You're too slow Steve, we already scheduled the next meeting! (We just wait for Nolen to come in to town and then just text each other.)

I'll stay with it...I see enough Cruisers around town that maybe something will start back up.

Sorry, I forgot to formally introduce....
My name is Ron, and I've been around the crawling scene with a JK Rubi built out with AEV gear.
Now I'm in an 06 LX470...Ironman bumper/winch, Ironman lift, BFG ATs 285/70/18...wish I could fit 35s on this rig, and snorkel & protection projects coming up this year.
Anywho, see some of you at the meet up on Tuesday.
Thx.

So i know im pretty late to this forum, but Im following this club house just in case any of yall get active again. Im in memphis and just got a 100... stock and drive a firstgen 4runner and what not. Maybe some folks would be interested in some trail riding. I have met Cameron, but no one else here.

I also just realized this corner of the forum existed! I'm in the Lakeland area with a 1996 LX450.. work in progress. I'd love to meet up with some fellow cruiser addicts... and definitely would love to ride some trails.

IMG_3317.jpg

I also just realized this corner of the forum existed! I'm in the Lakeland area with a 1996 LX450.. work in progress. I'd love to meet up with some fellow cruiser addicts... and definitely would love to ride some trails.

IMG_3317.jpg

Nice! Is that the Brunswick bottoms?

Nice! Is that the Brunswick bottoms?

It is the underwhelming bottoms underneath col-arlington and 385. Not good for much but setting up for catfishing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom