Bluff City Cruisers Registry and Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bend...glad you made it over here. We welcome everyone. Come to a meeting if you get a chance. Also around Sept or Early Oct...usually there is a big metal tech order to be shipped to Crusier Crawl in Hot Springs so always a good time to buy up then...

Post up some pics of the old FJC.

Will do as soon as I take a few. September is right around my birthday....might be a good present to myself! When and where are the meetings held? I saw the thread but just making sure the location and time is current.

Guess I'm the new guy here, just bought my FJ40 a few weeks ago:

1972_fj40.JPG

Live out in east Shelby county, Memphis suburbs.

That 40 is puuurdy! Welcome.

How do you get the basketball net to stand up so well off the roof like that? Hahahahaha jk

Thanks guys. It needs some TLC, but I drove it home from Hunstville and have put about 600 miles on it just running errands and such in the last few weeks. Looked for a long time until I found one capable of being a 'daily driver' that I could work on.

What's your location? Any big plans for the 40? Resto / redo or just drive it?
I'm out in Arlington. Not doing a resto (well, not planning on it), bought it drive and fix up on the weekends. Something to help me unplug from work, so to speak, and also allow some family fun.

I'm putting in a Trollhole carb with regional air cleaner, going to do a valve job as soon as my aluminum valve cover arrives, and just ordered a new radiator and water pump to shotgun the cooling system (doesn't run hot, per se, but the cooling system was kinda kludged together).

Going to fix up the interior a bit (new upholstery on the front bench and jump seats, new seat belts throughout), work on the dash where some idiot PO cut out the ash tray to install a radio, and generally clean up the dash bits. Just bought some rust-free doors to replace the current ones which are rusted on the bottom as well.

New wheels and tires will come after I've gone over the drivetrain and have it humming smoothly and check / rebuild the suspension to insure it's as it should be.

Nothing huge, just lots of little things to freshen it up and make it even more solid.

Well, I did not know that there was a group in the Memphis area. I am from Oxford, MS and about a year ago found a 1978 FJ40 I purchased and have been reworking since.
IMG_1129_zps10e864cc.jpg

Currently I am installing a new clutch and some new seals in Ole Red. Has been a great daily driver since I acquired it earlier last year. Needed some brakes and and hydraulic cylinders when I first got it.
Where are you guys meeting ?

I'm a mini truck guy myself, but I can appreciate a good Cruiser! That one looks pretty nice.

We're a very small and inactive club in these parts. Most guys are more active in nearby clubs simply because they are more established with more members and activities. Maybe once the spring and summer roll around we will start the monthly get-togethers again; right now we haven't met up in a long while. Look for the thread about the meetings and post up if you want to try to get some people together - but do it waaaay in advance.

Well, I did not know that there was a group in the Memphis area. I am from Oxford, MS and about a year ago found a 1978 FJ40 I purchased and have been reworking since.
IMG_1129_zps10e864cc.jpg

Currently I am installing a new clutch and some new seals in Ole Red. Has been a great daily driver since I acquired it earlier last year. Needed some brakes and and hydraulic cylinders when I first got it.
Where are you guys meeting ?

Pretty, I work with steve. This is Little Red
-Mark

IMG_1283 by mark.delgadillo, on Flickr

Hi, my name is David and I just moved to Oxford, MS from Cordova. I bought a 2003 Land Cruiser last year, and now I have my sights on a FJ 40 eventually.

Hi, my name is David and I just moved to Oxford, MS from Cordova. I bought a 2003 Land Cruiser last year, and now I have my sights on a FJ 40 eventually.

Welcome to the Oxford area. You might see me cruising around town with Ole Red now and then.
FJ40_03-25-2013_zps65defb24.png

Guess I should post here huh? lol

Lets see, I'm Mike from out in Arlington. I've had my 80 for about 6 weeks now, wish it ran, ugh!! When I'm done it should be pretty decent. Rust free, factory lockers, clean carfax. Bought it for a family getaway rig for camping and maybe some level 2 or 3 trails. Mods got sidelined due to 4.5 "health" issues.

Im fairly new around here, just found this club. I mainly work on old cars, the 4x4 thing is a bit new to me but my brothers huge into toyotas and I picked up a 72 fj40 we are working on. It's really nice and clean and will split the daily driver duties with my other cars. I'm an active duty navy guy stationed out in Millington.

if anyones got a hard top, ambulance doors, or jump seats laying around, I'm looking for them.

Im fairly new around here, just found this club. I mainly work on old cars, the 4x4 thing is a bit new to me but my brothers huge into toyotas and I picked up a 72 fj40 we are working on. It's really nice and clean and will split the daily driver duties with my other cars. I'm an active duty navy guy stationed out in Millington. http://s55.photobucket.com/user/jpu...7-4c0c-9af1-55a9510c081f_zps9f910dc2.jpg.html http://s55.photobucket.com/user/jpu...c-44b6-ab10-a04de591d74e_zpsc9ad4f4d.jpg.html http://s55.photobucket.com/user/jpu...2-4436-901b-9ea2a01573df_zpseacc444a.jpg.html if anyones got a hard top, ambulance doors, or jump seats laying around, I'm looking for them.

What's up, where do you work, you got a couple of members at NRC, you may have seen little red on base, I drive her as often as possible.
-mark

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom