Blue cruiser rare? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=ELLTEE link=board=2;threadid=5219;start=msg40948#msg40948 date=1063492556]
Beautiful Bloo. :D

I parked next to a 97 anniversary edition at Sams in Dallas about two hours ago. Having just read this thread last night, I checked the color and noticed it was black.
But when I came back out with sunglasses off, I realized it was deep, dark blue with metallic flecks. Really a striking color that I had never noticed before!

LT
[/quote]
Sounds more like you were trolling on Harry Hines, had a few too many and thought that's what ya saw. :flipoff2:

neighborly
Neighborly? Trust me, you don't want to know what it's like to be my neighbor. :flipoff2:

Hey PIMP - :flipoff2: heeheeheehee you said chrome heeheeheehee :flipoff2:

I've got the deep blue w_metalic flecks...looks pretty sweet.

Yeah white trucks show scratches less but ya look like you work for the man, or a sewage place. :flipoff2:

I did talk to a guy who aquire landcruisers for people and he too sai blue was tough to find.....

Mines a 97 w/lockers, no roof rack, no alarm/electric stuff except da windows/no running boards well except for Slee's. and cloth seats.

Oh yeah and the stupoid PO but that damn Carbon dash kit all over. uck!

Shows scratches like a mutha! but I no care...wheels great.
Black would be the worst for an off road rig, if you wanted to keep it lookin pimp.

Wheres my beer...i'm out

I'll have to look up the color code to determine what it is I have but it sounds a lot like what you describe...deep blue with flakes. We looked around today for a black one but only came across a Lexus which was about double the price of what I paid for mine and a year younger (97)...guess we'll keep searching!

Saw this one on Ebay a week or two back. Fell in love with the color.

i-1_B.JPG

http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_6da848a8d98011fa2202906d29117573/i-1_B.JPG

That looks exactly like my cruiser! I'll post some pictures tonight. My next project is putting the front grill guard :)

NO FRONT GRILL GUARD!!!! STEEL BABY! Think Arb think Slee..

If it's a waag...your goin thhe wrong way

I am going to put on the same guard as pictued on the blue landcruiser. Anyone have a shop you'd care to recommend? I looked at the chrome ones but I think black looks the best on the blue paint.
-Chris

All kidding aside,

I think you would be best served by taking the 300 bucks that you would spend for a guard and putting it aside until you had 300 more and Get an ARB or a Slee (I would also say Stout except those are made of Unobtanium at the moment ::) ). You would be much happier in the long run and you would be winch ready when the time comes to add one.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=5219;start=msg41217#msg41217 date=1063590656]
(I would also say Stout except those are made of Unobtanium at the moment ::) ). [/quote]
according to the LCML, that guy is out of business permanently.

[quote author=chriscruiser link=board=2;threadid=5219;start=msg41184#msg41184 date=1063583864]
I am going to put on the same guard as pictued on the blue landcruiser. Anyone have a shop you'd care to recommend? I looked at the chrome ones but I think black looks the best on the blue paint.
-Chris
[/quote]
NO!
This, my friend, is what you want.
LinkPhoto

or this
frontbumper_hoop8.jpg

The Br^sh G^ard is about as useful as a Heep in South America.

[quote author=chriscruiser link=board=2;threadid=5219;start=msg41184#msg41184 date=1063583864]
-Chris
[/quote]

Ick! Chrome would be worse.

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=5219;start=msg41230#msg41230 date=1063593741]
according to the LCML, that guy is out of business permanently.
[/quote]

Junk,

Don't count yer chickens before they hatch. Grant Mossman is a friend of mine. I would not at all be surprised if he re-surfaced in the future.

D-

This topic is going astray but I have to ask...where can I get info on that guard? I do want steel, just point me in the right direction...that does look good and more importantly functional!

Junk,

No worries there, as a matter of fact I kinda hope he stays retired. That way I can continue to taunt you with my front bumper :flipoff2: It's lots better when you can't have one too ;)

Taunt would be wasted here. New bumper will be integrated into the frame rails as I got some shaving to do. :flipoff2:

just saw this on the lcml
LCML Homepage: http://www.birfield.com/mailman/listinfo/landcruisers

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--
[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
What happened was- Grant's wife got a job in New York after she finished school- and they moved, so he sold off the business. We miss him 'round here ; I for one never got "my" Stout bumper. Those guys were great- they bailed me out of nightmares several times, the shop was a few miles from my house.
Steve Hinken was right there with the business the whole time and will still make the same designs, but he does not have a large production shop from what I understand.

David O'Niell, Albuquerque TLCA # 6587

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=5219;start=msg41252#msg41252 date=1063596206]
Junk,

Don't count yer chickens before they hatch. Grant Mossman is a friend of mine. I would not at all be surprised if he re-surfaced in the future.

D-
[/quote]

His brother lives in Gig Harbor, he stoped me a few years ago to BS

John

[quote author=chriscruiser link=board=2;threadid=5219;start=msg41315#msg41315 date=1063628558]
This topic is going astray but I have to ask...where can I get info on that guard? I do want steel, just point me in the right direction...that does look good and more importantly functional!
[/quote]
The first one is the ARB Bull Bar, available in a format to fit a winch and one that doesn't. Very popular and very well made. try ARB's website. www.arbusa.com
The second is Christo Slee's bumper, less upper tubing, but much better approach angles. Suited more for rockcrawling than expedition-type mauling brush type trails. www.sleeoffroad.com
Do a search on this forum and see what you find, they've both been discussed a lot. Two very serious bull-bars, that serve a function unlike the brush guard (aka crash multipliers) and look a whole lot better too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom