1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Diamond Spring and Shocks Any Good?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by residualboulders, May 2, 2003.

1. residualboulders

residualboulders

Media:
    Just curious if any one has had experience with these.

2. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    Black Diamond shock I've heard good things about.

I would check to be sure they have updated the FJ40 springs however.....when Black Diamond first started, they purchased the Rugged Trail line of springs and immediately redeveloped much of that line....

However, I was not aware that they had redone the FJ40 suspension systems, and the old Rugged Trail springs were 3 THICK leaves and it rode terribly...I got a set of free and they were installed for one trail ride/3 days total before I removed them...they are now cut into a monoleaf setup in my buddies FJ40 trayback thingie and he used it to carry jelly-roll hay bales...they would squat about 1" with that weight...lol

Talk with them....people I know with Jeeps have been pleased with their springs, I believe they did a flat-seat like the OME stuff....but be sure first.

3. Design311

Design311

Yeah, I had heard that they were comparable to the Rancho's for FJ40's. I heard they rattled your kidneys to death. I'd recommend: Skyjacker, BDS or maybe Old Man Emu if you're made of money...

4. residualboulders

residualboulders

Media:
    Thanks, I was planning on putting on these skyjackers, just saw the black diamonds on sale for the same cost so I thought I'd ask.