Builds BJ42 Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow! A real Teseven tub! So awesome! As a tip, when bolting or riveting on your accessories to the tub, one thing I do as a rubber gasket between the tub and the metal part-I spray plasti-dip on the parts mating surface. It makes a nice thin rubber coating, and you can make it thick by applying multiple coats, and its cheap.

Thanks white stripe, I am very happy with the product I received. The tub needs a bit of work to make it perfect before paint and I'll let the body shop handle that.
Thanks for the tip, I will make sure that everything is properly isolated.

Hello again, sorry I have been away for awhile but I am dealing with some family stuff that is requiring all my spare time. I have not touched the cruiser in months. Today I dug out my factory steel rims that I JB welded with high temp material and buffed them down to fill the rust pits before powder coating. They needed a second coat today and I may be able to sand them down again tonight if they are cured and deliver them to the powder shop along with the jump seat frames tomorrow morning. I haven't dared drill the Teseven body until I am in the proper frame of mind and I can dedicate 100% of my attention to the measurements.

IMG_20160628_195657.jpg

Here is my first problem, the windshield tie downs don't line up on either side. Now I'm going to have to cut them off and move them over.

Hinge gap is excessive as well, close to 1/4 inch gap. I know there is a gasket there but not that thick.
IMG_20160629_123254.jpg
IMG_20160629_123301.jpg
IMG_20160629_123301.jpg

The tab on the fire wall looks to have two butt welds and two corner welds. When removeing the tab to re-locate I would just cut the 'C' and insert another plate in-between. Instead of drilling out the butt welds and corner welds.
Fabrication : I would expect with building a tub there would be small errors of difference but am surprised they did not catch or check their work prior to final welding. Looking ahead and from behind the wheel while driving once you've corrected the ''issues'' I think you'll not regret the purchase while rust will be a thing of the past !
If you have any welding questions just shoot me a pm !

I have a '72 in my yard that I did a top end rebuild on his 6 cylinder F engine. I'll measure the tub width to compare. I have it in my yard for another month so I might as well take advantage of it.
Alberta Mac, I agree that this was a bit surprising to see it out in both side. I will mount the door hinges next week when I'm back from sea and they better fit or I'm going to faint. I need this project moved along so I'm debating hauling it down to my body shop guy and having him line up the sheet metal before he paints it just to speed it up. I need this on the road by next summer come hell or high water.

Jim land that might just be the angle of the pic, I'll take a dead on picture when I'm home, my goal yesterday was to fill the pits in my rims and to get them to the powder coat shop which didn't happen. Rims are ready to go and he is charging me $45 a wheel, but since they might require two coats on primer to hide the sins he said it might bump the price up to $65 a wheel. I don't really care because I want the factory steelies. I will buy a set of MT rims down the road but right now I have other fish to fry.

On another note Fabian led on that he will be building door patch sheet metal and that it will be available next year. I'll hold off on redoing my doors until I see his product. Cheers boys, I'll be back in a week and hopefully find time to move ahead on the build.

Hi guys, I have a bit of time to spend on the cruiser, I picked up my jump seats from the powder shop and they look great, I also picked up my rims and I'll update that when I get around to purchasing tires.
I already have a fitment issue with the windshield hold down clips which I will have to relocate soon.
My second fitment issue is with the jump seats, the rear mount is are higher than the tub sides which makes me worry that the overall height from deck to roof will be shorter by about half inch, I will have to dig out my rusty doors and bolt them up asap, I will also have to get my roof and associated parts from the body shop and start doing some test fitting. I sure hope the doors fit is all I can say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom