bj40 wiring. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
gday guys,

i'm currently reconnecting all the wires after taking the whole engine out of my bj40 (1980).

The problem i'm having is figuring out where all the wires go.
prior to pulling everything apart it had duel batteries where as now it only has one.

i've also pulled out old cb radio wires, dash mounted lights etc etc. (the previous owner did a lot of dodgy home wiring jobs).

what i'm after is for any advice you may have, do i buy a new wiring kit and start again?
are there any wiring diagrams i can find online to help me out.

I thought i should add that this is my first car resto so im still learning and need all the help i can get.

many thanks

byron.

Hullo Byron.

Do these pics help:

1980BJ40a.jpg

1980BJ40b.jpg

1980BJ40c.jpg

I don't know whether they'll be readable but we'll soon find out..

(One more part to come.)

This is the wiring diagram for a 1980 Bj40 as you can see..
1980BJ40a.jpg
1980BJ40b.jpg
1980BJ40c.jpg

Last of the four .......

1980BJ40d.jpg

:beer:

BTW- These wiring diagrams are a little confusing because they include 24V and 12V alternatives within the same diagram.

If you need help with the colour codes, I can post that info too.
1980BJ40d.jpg

yes that would help.

i don't think i would be able to determine the difference.

thanks for your help.

greatly appreciated.

Depends on the level of restoration and also your patience for learning wiring. It's very simple but understanding a little theory and knowing how to read a wiring diagram are essential to your success.

If you pull all of the wiring out you will need to retain all the connectors so don't throw the old harness away until you are done.

And plan to have the truck down a few weeks.

If you go that route there are a lot of people here who can help.

If you need wire harness repair parts, check out my FJ40 Wiring/Parts store site in my sig. I have also started stocking some of the larger 10ga wires for the BJ40. I have 10ga White/Green, Black/Yellow, Black/Red, White, White/Blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom