Biggest tyres (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,

I'm trying to get 35 inch tyres on my 1996 fzfe however i still have the stock rims and have been told the largest tyre size i can fit on is 33 inch. (I'm not sure of the actual tyre measurements)

Will I need to change my rims, and if so to which ones?

Current set up is 265 75 r16 on a 3 inch lift

Cheers

Although I wouldn't recommend it, I was able to fit a set of Super Swampers, sized 36.0X13.00X16.0 on my 80, running a 2 1/2 - 3 inch OME lift.
I'm now running a set of Nitto All Terrains, sized 315/75 R16.

35s will fit...no problem.

900r16 will fit stock rim

It's not the height of the tire that is bad it's the width... How wide are you looking to go?

If it's only 10.5 or less go to a different shop

I'm after the bf Goodrich 315 75 r16. So I'm hoping these will fit on my rims? But I've been told from a few different tire places they won't fit

What does BFG recommend for rim width? I have a set of 315/75/R16 Toyo MTs on my Toyota OEM steelies which I believe are the same size as the stk alloy rims (16 x 10). Is there some restriction in AU with regards to how much bigger aftermarket tires can be be compared to the stk ones?

I see you're in Australia. I'm not sure what rims came with the 80s down there...so they may not fit.
The 315 BFGs you mention will fit the stock rims in the US 80 series.

Ran 345 KM2s on OE alloy rims, without issue, against manufacturers recommended wheel width.

Stroke of bad luck necessitated driving 8 miles home with no lift, although I wouldn't recommend turning, much.

image.jpg

315/75/16s will fit the OE alloy wheel, no problem, and what they should've come with as the rolled off the boat.

Well I've just bought the 315 75 r16 and putting them on tomorrow so I guess we'll see how it goes!

How'd they turn out? Please post pics.

Those are the tyres. Worked out well 315/75/r16 on a -25 offset in 3 inch lift

image.jpeg

That looks great! Thanks

Was it a case of "That tire won't fit that rim", or "That tire size isn't on the chart in front of me for that rim"?

:hmm:

Lots of people run that size tire here...

Looks great by the way.

? those aren't stock rims....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom