Builds Big Red Toy (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What you see above is me digging into both hubs thinking that I shattered a birf since I couldn't turn left. It turns out that it was my hydro-steer binding lol. Live and learn... Good field practice none the less, thanks again for sticking it out with me Mike.

What you see above is me digging into both hubs thinking that I shattered a birf since I couldn't turn left. It turns out that it was my hydro-steer binding lol. Live and learn... Good field practice none the less, thanks again for sticking it out with me Mike.
I had a blast. Plus all I did was watch you get dirty while I drank. We need to do this more often. Brandon wants to do Big Bend soon:bounce2::bounce:

I had a blast. Plus all I did was watch you get dirty while I drank. We need to do this more often. Brandon wants to do Big Bend soon:bounce2::bounce:

Definitely down for BB. We will have to plan it out once time permits!

2016-03-18 10.35.41.jpg
2016-03-18 10.36.17.jpg
2016-03-18 10.36.23.jpg
2016-03-18 10.37.24.jpg
2016-03-18 10.56.13.jpg

I was wondering why you had the axle out, it didn't look broken :lol:

Jealous of the trip guys!!

On my way back yesterday I saw I couldn't go over 15 psi, so I figured I had another leak somewhere. I found that this fitting has a pin hole in it. Swapped it out and hopefully that fixes it. Will be putting in tie rod ends this week.

20160321_164627.jpg
20160321_164620.jpg
20160321_164612.jpg

Over all I'm pretty satisfied with the way Big Red handled this weekend. I had put it thru some tough trails without airing down the tires and it came out pretty well each time.

I was wondering why you had the axle out, it didn't look broken :lol:

Jealous of the trip guys!!

I blame it on the shiner bock keg at the raffle... :D

On my way back yesterday I saw I couldn't go over 15 psi, so I figured I had another leak somewhere. I found that this fitting has a pin hole in it. Swapped it out and hopefully that fixes it. Will be putting in tie rod ends this week.

View attachment 1228616 View attachment 1228617 View attachment 1228619

Over all I'm pretty satisfied with the way Big Red handled this weekend. I had put it thru some tough trails without airing down the tires and it came out pretty well each time.
Why wouldn't you air down?

Why wouldn't you air down?
Mostly out of laziness. It was freezing at one point and I didn't want to be away from the heater. :oops:

Here are a few more pics a buddy took during round up. I think I also have a video, but need to QC and upload it first.
twin reds.jpeg
into the river James.jpeg
circling the wagons.jpeg

I'm thinking about buying these hy-steer arms. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Hy-Steer Arm

In other news, been working on Little Red a bit. Had the spoiler painted and it was mocked up today. Needs a few more things before I have it installed. I'm still torn between the classic look or the sporty look.

20160407_162009.jpg
20160407_162442.jpg
20160407_171307.jpg
20160407_173749.jpg

Last edited:
What steering arms do you have now? On a side note, I bought a mystery set of Hy-steer arms used in the classifieds last month, turns out it's those. Didn't realize the whole arm was 4340.

On the Marlin arms I know the trunion pin is chromo but I don't think the whole arm is.

What steering arms do you have now? On a side note, I bought a mystery set of Hy-steer arms used in the classifieds last month, turns out it's those. Didn't realize the whole arm was 4340.

On the Marlin arms I know the trunion pin is chromo but I don't think the whole arm is.

Ya the Marlins are just chromo pins w/ billet arm construction. All chromo would be way cool though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom