Builds Big Red Toy (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let me know if you need a good sandblast guy. I've got two good ones.

Thanks Dave, i'm gonna try to weasel my way into getting the ACC welding department to take this on as a project. Build me a cover and mounts for the rtt. Then I'll look into making it look pretty.

Cool. Get them to make two :) Do they have an auto paint class?

Serious about the auto paint class. :)

I think they may have one in Riverside. I'll double check. To answer your earlier question, I think I will eventually spring it over, but that's no way a priority right now.

I wonder if I can enroll just to paint my 40. :)

That's what I did last year. I enrolled in the classes just to work in big red. Everyone else was learning, I was just using their tools and experiences.

Nice score. I'm been looking for one of those for years.

Is ACC Austin Community College? Every time you say that I think of Atlanta Custom Creations in Georgia and get confused.

Austin community college

Jr colleges and tech schools have always been a good source for helping the community and in return they get hands on learning experiences at the same time. Our high school here has a fully updated automotive, welding and painting program (pretty damn impressive for this small of a school system)... Some colleges don't have the equipment this school has. I help with the Welding Challenge judging and coaching when they need help. In return I get to use some pretty fun tools and the big sand blast cabinet when needed. Works out well for everybody.

J

I notice I get funnier and better looking the more other people drink. Happy 4th, the British will never mess with us again.

In tech news. Toyota makes awesome land cruisers.:beer:

Last edited:
Poser pics at the lake.

1436140409399.jpg

1436140441264.jpg

Wish every weekend was this fun

Looks like that BBQ gets a full workout... HA! I love seeing it on RED...

What are the plans for the trailer? You going to make a lift top or leave it open? Water system or any kitchen plans?

Good find.

J
I'm thinking a lift top, with the rtt above it. I like this guy's idea, but not his pricing.

http://austin.craigslist.org/for/5055493760.html

everyone loves the grill. it's what really makes the rig what it is.

I'm thinking a lift top, with the rtt above it. I like this guy's idea, but not his pricing.

http://austin.craigslist.org/for/5055493760.html

everyone loves the grill. it's what really makes the rig what it is.

OUCH!

Yes, the side lift IMO is better for access with a RTT. The extended lift poles are easy enough with 4- 110# gas shock and some stop pins. Most HVAC shops can bend a top for you for pretty cheap (up to 16-18 gauge) probably around 50$ plus materials at approx. 100$

Should be a fun addition. I have too many projects now... Need to finish Goss (almost done), Tank (50-60%) and then the trailer (30%)... I need to stop taking off at 2PM everyday and get to work...

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom