Big Props to Metal Tech

Discussion in 'Metal Tech' started by PapaPump, Dec 1, 2011.

1. PapaPump

PapaPump

Hey!

This is my first post after lurking around this site for years!!
    I have a 1994 fzj 80 with the fun button.. 285's a short stinger bumper and set of sliders from Metal Tech.

I am so impressed by the service at Metal Tech that I signed up to tell you guys how well they treated me.

I am lucky enough to live within driving distance to the metal tech shop. I ordered some sliders and a tube bumper on their cyber monday sale. The quality of these products is top notch.. and they look super beefy. Much stouter in person.

LT and Mark went out of their way to help me out. When I went into the shop the first thing I noticed was how clean it was. Everybody working there was happy.. I can see the employees are treated well.

LT and Mark took the time out of their day to BS about wheeling.. and to show me all of the detail they put into their work. The whole time, they did not say anything negative about other venders.. Very classy.

When I had a question about installing the sliders.. Mark was ready to help me out imediately.. and made me feel welcomed for calling.

I have ran customer service teams for years and can clearly see that these guys take pride in what they do.. I am inspired to see good people doing well.

Thanks Metal Tech, and thank you Mud for providing me with so much entertainment over the years.. I look forward to chatting with the croozer clan..

:idea:P.S if anybody wants to go wheeling in the Pacific Northwest.. shoot me a PM! :beer::beer:

2. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper Cascade Cruisers Prez. SILVER Star

3. PapaPump

PapaPump

Hey!

I would be all over that if I could. Unfortunately I have a job that makes me work every weekend. I will be fixing that problem soon!

4. fzjconvert

fzjconvert one hand, two ducks SILVER Star

:hillbilly:Yep! Finally pulled the trigger on a MT front bumper for my 80! :bounce::bounce: BTW Chad, the "Red Neck Skid Plate" Works really well too! That and my MT sliders with my stock height LX and F-it . In other words Chad, you did a great job on the skid. Thanks!:steer::flipoff2:

5. C5Drvr

C5Drvr

I take it you didn't witness the (OSHA Approved) "motivational" fireworks used to "encourage" higher production rates!!!

J/K. I had the privileged to meet Mark Hawley back in '09 at the FJ Cruiser Summit. I can truly say that he is one of the biggest friends this sport has. When the boys from "Rescue Tellico" made a speech at the raffle looking for donations, Mark stood up and announced that he would personally match any and all donations made to the fund. A guy from Oregon laying out funds for land in Tennessee. He truly gets that a threat to any one area is a threat to all of the areas we love to use, and he was willing to fight for it no matter where. This was after a day spent rescuing a panicked mother and her children off the side of a mountain. A true superhero.

I became committed MetalTech supported from that moment forward.

6. mhiscox

mhiscox

More good about MetalTech . . .

When they had their slider sale a few months back, I signed up for a set and, when the backlog had died down, drove the 20 miles to their shop to have them installed. When I got there, we learned that the sliders wouldn't fit because I had an LX470 and part of the Automatic Height Control system was in the way.

It would have been easy enough for them to say, "Sorry, won't work," but instead they took some measurements, tweaked the design a little and fabbed me up a set.

They got installed today and, to my mind, they look great:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all, a great experience.