BFG MT/R or BFG AT?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MTs shed the mud alot better and if they do ball up you just spin em once and it all flings off. The ATs dont clean out near as easy.

I love my MT's but I'll second the poor rain characteristic. I drove through some heavy rain the other day some patches of standing water and they were a bit squirrely. A little extra caution should be used in the rainy pavement action.

Ok...first off, never owned the MT's... so I can't really compair the two, But....

I have owned several sets of AT/KO's... I have driven them throught losts of conditions. The have almost no road noise...I personally think that they clean exceptionally in both rain/water and mud(mississippi)...if they get gummed ...just apply more RPMs.... The last set of AT's I got 90K out of...unreal in my opinion.

I don't think that you can go wrong with either tire. The bigger question in my opinion is what you plan to do with them. If you are on the rocks in CO a fare bit, I hear the the soft rubber on the KO's does well on slick rock....

Just my $.02

-R

Just got home and couldn't wait to post this. Some friends and I were out in the mountains near here exploring on our favorite mining trails. Most of the group runs MTs but one runs ATs. He did fine most of the time but we got into some real loose stuff. He struggled to maintain forward progress and had almost no directional control. At one point it took a strap to keep him on the trail. While on the strap he almost had a rollover. You should have seen the look on his face. WEEEEHHAAAAA!! Now he's a believer. MTs ROCK!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom