Best waterproof 12V connectors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been using this type (not sure of brand but came with my Rigid LEDs) for years, and for years they've let me down.

New-arrival-5-Kit-2-Pin-Way-Car-Waterproof-Electrical-Connector-Plug-with-Wire-AWG-font.jpg

Maybe they work for standing water but with the connectors on the roof of the truck they get filled with water, even shrink wrapped and then a third generous coating of elec tape. Basically, they suck and my lights never work.

Graham this is your specialty, maybe you can chime in too, what's a good waterproof 12V connector?

Deutsch connectors are kind of the next step. Other than that the only ones that are really rated for water pressure is usually an expensive screw together military type. Oh and newer rigid lights come with deutsch connectors now, I always make sure lots of dialectic grease in the plugs

"Deutsch connectors are kind of the next step" What are these? Pics?
I always thought the GM style they sell generically at auto parts stores were supposed
to be good. I've always used cut up 4 pin flat trailer connectors with lots of dielectric grease.
They've never let me down if I stay on top of the maintenance.

Yikes do I need the special $300+ crimp tool or can I just use a regular one?

I've never had any issue with spade connectors, that have been sealed with self vulcanizing tape. Forms a water proof barrier. Bitch to remove without a knife but for the odd time you have to take something apart it worth it. Been using it on seven trucks now. Forms a solid sheet of rubber.

| Canadian Tire

I have a deutsch kit around here I think... If you wish to disconnect periodically likely the way to go if the wire ampacity is adequate. I'll go check in my deutsch bag....

I've never had any issue with spade connectors, that have been sealed with self vulcanizing tape. Forms a water proof barrier. Bitch to remove without a knife but for the odd time you have to take something apart it worth it. Been using it on seven trucks now. Forms a solid sheet of rubber.

| Canadian Tire

My brother provides me with electrical tape that Telus has used. It is proof that not all electrical tape is the same.
This stuff looks good too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom