Best Landcruiser for resale value & on /off road ability? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I say 95-97 factory E-locker FZJ80 by far considering the US market. Though engine a little more difficult to repair comparing to older ones, but worthy when you are rinding on highways and trails.
I wont even bother to resale it yet just enjoy building it and on-offroading it.
I bought mine once I got a DD cheaper in gas of course.
My 2 cents.

An 8+ year old thread resurrection. Pretty good.

As I (and others) have posted in several other, unrelated threads recently, it is almost a certainty that the 100 series will cease production for the U.S. market with either the 2004 or 2005 model. The LX-470 will also disappear from the U.S. and Canadian markets, in deference to the new VX-470 (a rebadged Sequoia)

:doh:

We now have the 200 Series... so Paradise was almost right in one aspect - the 100 stopped being produced in 2006 :)

And of course we have the LX570 now as well. No rebadged Sequoia's here!

Interesting to go back on predictions like this - it's not often we get some kind of resurrection like this... heh.

thats becuase you stuffed a 350 in yours :flipoff2:.......if you stayed with the 2f it would be as non eventfull as an 80, maybe more so, less **** to go wrong and a heck of alot easier to work on. Driving either of my 82 fj40's in truly non eventfull, I hate the frikin 45 wagon with small block......now thats an adventure ;)

You just didn't do it right- ,,,,,, My 60 with an lt1 was hands down the best cruiser i ever drove - and I have built dozens and drove 1000's

Haha 8 years later!!!......

Anyways I feel that as far as the US market goes it is the 95-97. It has a blend of creature comforts for daily driving as well as all the capabilities of an off road machine. After these they began to cater to a different crowd. Saying that though, I would love to get my wife one of the newer ones! VERY NICE

well actually i was looking for an article that says something like "the best and most durable Cruiser series" and I stumbled upon this old thread... yeah quite funny as I saw the last post was dated 2004 :)

back to topic, i would still say hdj80, because of its simplicity and rugged no-nonsense engine, with fewer components to make it run. mechanical-injection = no Computer boxes = no check engine = more savings! haha!

well my opinion is obviously for trail and adventure purposes and you need something efficient and reliable without any sensitive and meticulous parts breaking down from time to time (which i have experienced with petrol engines, to be frank).

this is in my humble opinion and yeah, I run an FJ80

re-resurrection!.....I have a similar question now in 2016!....don't care about resale....I want another LC to keep!...Where should I put my money? 97's are in high demand and with prices to match....often can find as new as 2003 for similar price...I've read many threads and FAQs....but here is the question again...for both on road/off road...with off road being a slightly higher priority...where do I put my money...in a 97 which needs little except (arguably) more power, but may need an expensive head gasket repair....or a 98/99 which has lockers but a weak front diff....or a 2000-2003 which will need lockers(are the factory lockers better than aftermarket?) 91-92 don't seem to be any cheaper than a 93-97....where is the best bang for the buck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom