Best Ice Cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have read a few reviews online that say the rubber latches on the YETI leaves black residue on your hands, clothing, etc... after extended use.

I just received a reply from YETI customer service:

We had a bad batch of rubber on some of our coolers about a year ago. We have since fixed the problem with the best quality EPDM rubber available and I can assure you that you will not experience this issue.

Ive switched over to the Igloo Marine coolers, they have worked well for me and West Marine caries parts i.e. handles and drain plugs. Icey Tek coolers look nice but I havent seen them any where.

Best coolers out there are the GALAXY coolers.

both the Yeti Tundra series and the Engel coolers have 2" thick insulation---but the Galaxy has a 3" base which is probably why they hold their cool longer than both the Yeti or Engels. 1 week coolers--yeti or engel.........2 weeks.... go for the Galaxy coolers and dry ice.

Galaxycoolers.com

The Yeti Tundra coolers have the added bonus of "bearproof" with lockable lids. If you venture into bear country--its nice to know you can throw your cooler outside and not have the bears maul it.

I know the thread is no longer active, I have just recently purchased myself a magnificent cooler and would like to share.
I did happen to purchase myself a cooler last month. My old one was a bad Walmart choice. So, last time I used my cooler was when we drove to the cabin in the woods for a bit of hunting.
The cooler I got is called "IGLOO MARINE ULTRA COOLER" really worth the money, I am quite happy with my purchase. There were many more for me to choose at Best Cheap Coolers 2019 – Reviews and Top Picks It's where I read the review. Smooth rolling wheels and a rigid handle ease transport.
Additionally, sturdy handles on each end allow for tandem carry. From my past experience, I know that the handles are usually the weakest parts of the cooler. This, however, is no cooler, more like a tank that you can rest on.

Last edited:
I've gone the refrigerator route, but if / when I'm in the market for a cooler, I'm going to put the Monoprice units at the top of the list of ones to check out. Available on their site or Amazon. I've had great experiences with everything I've got through them. All have been good quality stuff at great prices. Have no reason to think their coolers would not be the same.

Pelican blows away Yeti.

I have an older Pelican 65 quart that was quite reasonable in price. I love how stout the latches and handles are, but the thing is way too heavy. I hate moving the thing.

I always fill several 2 liter bottles with water and freeze to make basically free ice blocks.

Last edited:
I’ve been using the igloo max cold for years. I just picked up a third 165 qt at Costco today for salmon season. I use 3 of them. Fill one with ice then the other 2 with filets layered between ice. I’ve used them for up to 7 days in the field.

4BEB67EE-39BF-4C75-B23A-8CEBD8A9FA3A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom