1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Auto Manual?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by atoyot, Aug 21, 2003.

1. atoyot

atoyot

What do you think is the best Manual for us rookies? I have a Haynes but it doesn't seem very user friendly or maybe outdated? What do you use?

2. hammerhead

hammerhead

For my FJ40 I find the factory Toyota manuals to be the most useful. Having swapped in 350s I also use the chevy truck manual heavily too.

3. atoyot

atoyot

Factory manual? Damn I didn't even think of that! With a '73 I guess I'm in the aftermarket mindset. Thanks for getting me back on track. Sometimes we all need a good wack upside the dome.

4. hammerhead

hammerhead

5. swank60

swank60

I like my Haynes manual - I'llgo to it for basics, and if the problem is really crazy, then I go to the factory manual.

The Chilton manual stinks. The one I have covers about a 75 year period and 2.4 million differnt models. Steer clear.

6. dd113

dd113

Best thing to do is to buy them all. I have a lg. library of books aout all the Cruisers I have. I fine it helpful to be able to compare info book to book. OEM is essential!