Best 18" Tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This was their response to my e-mail to them about making the Trail and Terra Grapplers in 285/75R18:

"Thank you for contacting Nitto Tire.

Thank you for the size suggestion. We are looking into releasing more
sizes in the future for the Terra Grappler & Trail Grappler. However, we
do not have a set time frame or set list of new sizes to come. We will
take your suggestion into consideration for Trail Grappler & Terra
Grappler size expansion.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contacting us back
at any time.

Thank you,
Nitto Technical Department"

We can only hope and keep pestering them :)

Does anyone know of ANY AT tire for an 18" wheel that carries a 'D' rating? Do those not exist?

The only ones i can find look more like street tires...there has to be something out there, right?

I went from 285/65/18 LT E rated Terra Graplers to 305/60/18 Terra Graplers - They are not an LT tire, much more compliant ride.

Did you have any fit or rubbing issues with the 305's? Were you using with a lift?

Yep...nominally speaking the 285/75-18 is a 285mm width tire, or 11.22 inch SAE equivalent, and 35" in diameter. Each brand and model will deviate a bit from "nominal". Both Goodyear and Toyo are 35"+ on paper...not sure what they really measure with a tape measure.

I have two sets of wheels: One set is mounted with Goodyear MT/R and the other set is with Toyo Open Country AT: Both are 285/75-18. After running stock, 285/75-16, 315/75-16 and for the past 3+ years the 285/75-18 I found what I like and what works best on the 100 platform and out here in the West. Not to say it should be everyone's choice but through a thorough process of elimination trying the other sizes quite extensively this one is the best for me.

Its time to replace the Toyo ATs (again) and I'd sure like to install a set of Nitto TG's for my "AT" set.

Did the 285 75/18 fit okay in the spare tire location? It seems like the common theme (I read for hours worth of h8mud threads) for a stock '05 100 is 275 70/18 is the way to go for the best of all worlds.

^ dunno as the Slee rear bumper & tire carrier took over spare tire storage duty right after I quit with the stock size tires.

Did the 285 75/18 fit okay in the spare tire location? It seems like the common theme (I read for hours worth of h8mud threads) for a stock '05 100 is 275 70/18 is the way to go for the best of all worlds.

I'm going to guess probably not with a hitch mount. Maybe without a hitch or if you aired it down and squished it (good luck). I barely fit a used 285/75/16 (32.8") in the spare location with a hitch mount. There is about 3/4" of room left.

This was their response to my e-mail to them about making the Trail and Terra Grapplers in 285/75R18:

"Thank you for contacting Nitto Tire.

Thank you for the size suggestion. We are looking into releasing more
sizes in the future for the Terra Grappler & Trail Grappler. However, we
do not have a set time frame or set list of new sizes to come. We will
take your suggestion into consideration for Trail Grappler & Terra
Grappler size expansion.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contacting us back
at any time.

Thank you,
Nitto Technical Department"

We can only hope and keep pestering them :)

I know this is 3 years old, but apparently it works! The Terra Grappler G2 is now available (at least on their website) in 285/75/18! Old news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom