Belgian Malinois looking for a loving home (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello, I was a member here but gave up on trying to remember my log in to an account connected to an email I haven't used in years. I'm active on the other web wheeler site. I was told to post this here by a very active user so here it goes.

I train and sell dogs. I compete in schutzhund, I'm close to certifying my first narc/explosive detection dog. Working toward becoming an indpendent contractor for narcotics detection.

I have a male Malinois that just turned 1 year and doesn't have the drive for this line of work. He will make some one a great pet.

It is late, so I will update this later. If you would like more information on ruger please contact me.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My wife and I have been looking quite a bit at the Malinois as an addition to the family in the future, and I'm fully understanding of the price that this breed can fetch. That being said, we used to be very involved in a dog rescue/ foster/ rehoming organization and the comment of "giving him away at that price" is pathetic. You're offering what is admitted by you to be a home worthy pet and incapable of the behaviors you're trying to train into him, so you're getting rid of him. You're a very large part of the pet overpopulation problem, and although I hope you're able to quickly find a good home for ruger, you should probably take a heavy look at your hobby that you're obviously trying to create a business out of. A dog's life is spent worshiping and loving the humans of it's family, give the animal the respect it deserves.

Go hug a tree, eat some granola, drink some pbr while riding your fixie. Thanks for the intrest peta nazi. While you view me as contributing to the problem created by over breeding, You are very wrong. The value assessed reflects training, transporting and food cost. At that price I am not even braking even. That is cheaper than a puppy, but you know that...right. I was hoping to place this dog into a loving home with an active lifestyle in witch this dog will excel. I like the dog, I care where he goes but I can not keep him. No matter how much it hurts your feelings.

You are very typical of the common pet owner who just so happens to be an expert on the subject and is more than willing to educate me with out ever asking for your opinion, and witch that's really all it is.

I'm positive your view would be much different about me if I said I found this dog home less, starving and suffering from mange, but I flew in to save this poor animal and nursed it back to health. I didn't, and I was truthful. Yet I'm part of some problem.

Just so you know, the gsd in one of the pics is a rescue that I stopped from going to the pound. I'm putting some obedience on her and socializing. She is going to member of this board. Is that evil enough?

My son and I got to hang out with Ruger and his companions again. It wasn't our first time .......

I've known Nick for many years. He's very passionate about dogs and invests a lot of time in training them. He doesn't breed dogs and never has. He also doesn't rescue dogs. He trains them for a certain purpose and if the dog doesn't exhibit the right amount of drive for these specialized needs, then he tries to find the right home for them at full disclosure of their demeanor, drive, abilities and capabilities.

Nick is far from being "part of the problem" and just thinking that is ridiculous, especially if you've never met him or the dogs he's trained.

I've been contemplating getting a dog again for quite a while. I've discussed doing so with multiple people who's opinion regarding this subject I value. Nick is one of them. We came up with a good idea of what I wanted and needed from a dog and have been looking for the right one since. Nick found us a dog that might just fit the bill which was why we stopped by again tonight to spend some more time with her. She will also be coming to visit us at the shop soon to see how she does in that environment. She's visited our home already. So far she's done great.
If Nick was so worried about making money he wouldn't go thru all these steps to make sure she was the right dog for us or anybody else. He's also training her for us and our needs.

But think what you want. My opinion of Nick, his dogs and his passion for them is based on first hand knowledge not general assumption.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

image.jpeg
Here's a pic of my son with Ruger.

image.jpeg
And this is the dog Nick found for us. She's also a year old, just like Ruger.

image.jpeg
Nick offered to help us find the right dog, train her and spend time and effort making sure she's the right dog until we were ready for her at no charge. He doesn't owe me anything. There are no favors being called in. He wants us to end up with the right dog and that's his bottom line.
I'm insisting on compensating him. And I've got multiple reasons to do so:
Time is money. That goes for me as as much as it goes for him.
Dog food costs money.
Pure bred dogs aren't cheap. Especially if they've been checked for issues associated with their breed and they passed with flying colors.
She will come to us with a solid obedience foundation.
All of that is worth something. Actually it's worth a lot to me.
Sure, I could go to a breeder and buy a puppy for $1k ( or whatever ), then pay for all the shots, vet bills, have the hips checked, do a lot of training, ....... all in hopes that it'll be the right dog for us.
Or I could have somebody like Nick help me get there.
My decision is obvious.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

My son and I got to hang out with Ruger and his companions again. It wasn't our first time .......

I've known Nick for many years. He's very passionate about dogs and invests a lot of time in training them. He doesn't breed dogs and never has. He also doesn't rescue dogs. He trains them for a certain purpose and if the dog doesn't exhibit the right amount of drive for these specialized needs, then he tries to find the right home for them at full disclosure of their demeanor, drive, abilities and capabilities.

Nick is far from being "part of the problem" and just thinking that is ridiculous, especially if you've never met him or the dogs he's trained.

I've been contemplating getting a dog again for quite a while. I've discussed doing so with multiple people who's opinion regarding this subject I value. Nick is one of them. We came up with a good idea of what I wanted and needed from a dog and have been looking for the right one since. Nick found us a dog that might just fit the bill which was why we stopped by again tonight to spend some more time with her. She will also be coming to visit us at the shop soon to see how she does in that environment. She's visited our home already. So far she's done great.
If Nick was so worried about making money he wouldn't go thru all these steps to make sure she was the right dog for us or anybody else. He's also training her for us and our needs.

But think what you want. My opinion of Nick, his dogs and his passion for them is based on first hand knowledge not general assumption.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Thank you sir. That means a lot to me coming from you.

I was going to axe this thread until Georg posted. I deleted some messages but if anyone has an intrest in Ruger, just shoot me a pm.
Thanks Nick

Awesomes dogs!

If I had more time to devote to a dog with a little more drive, like Ruger, then he'd be mine. He's not just about as handsome as they come but he's got great demeanor.

I want a lazy dog ..... Lol.

Georg

Good looking dog Nick. I used to train in Schutzhund, but got out and shifted gears to bird dogs 15 years ago. I train my own and help my wife with a local German Shorthair pointer rescue. Every time I see a GSD, it makes me miss the two I used to have, great dogs.

If you've found a home for him, please post it. For those considering, even as a "washout", a Belgian Malinois is a high energy dog that needs a lot of exercise. Good luck.

Good looking dog Nick. I used to train in Schutzhund, but got out and shifted gears to bird dogs 15 years ago. I train my own and help my wife with a local German Shorthair pointer rescue. Every time I see a GSD, it makes me miss the two I used to have, great dogs.

If you've found a home for him, please post it. For those considering, even as a "washout", a Belgian Malinois is a high energy dog that needs a lot of exercise. Good luck.

Thanks for adding that! My girlfriend fell in love with this dog. He is her walking partner. I have continued his obidenance and he is far beyond any thing I would expect from a pet. I'll keep this thread updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom