"BEHOLD! The TEN BUCK Boroscope!" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve seen those coming up on various “deal” sites and wondered how well they worked. I’ve even seen up to 49’ long for under $20. Guess this answers my question.

I did a search yesterday and came up with around 20 brands already - all are made in China and who knows how well the software has been tested . I would definitely run FireFox or a similar browser to download the file and make sure it's fully scanned with an anti-virus before opening anyway . Thinking about pulling the trigger on one - if nothing else I can use with my laptop for engine work . Got a Chevy right now that isn't cooperating and this scope would be the perfect ticket to avoid pulling the heads .

All this type of stuff comes as a knockoff of someone's design/brand , wondering what the original product/brand was that generated these ?
Anyone know ??
I'd like to research a bit more before ordering , although the price is right on disposable level if it's junk...

Sarge

Just happened to see this today: 6-LED USB Borescope Inspection Cameras from $5

Six foot models starting under $5 and up to forty-nine foot models just over $16 with free shipping.

The software is a question. I don’t know what is available on an Android phone, but just about any USB camera will come up with QuickTime on a Mac. I’d assume that there are similar options for Windows/Android/Etc.

I can adapt the Lightning connector on the iPhone to a USB, but I’m not sure if the USB camera would work through it or not. For $5, I suppose it is at least worth a try.

Hell at this rate it may be worth buying a used android phone that is not connected to a cell network to simply use as the "screen".

Just ordered a 50' waterproof version of this off E-Bay to figure out why my basement air conditioner condensant floor drain suddenly decided to back up after 4 years of working perfectly. If it works for that I can think of all kinds of uses for it.
Bore scope for my guns
Cylinder inspection
T-Case/differential/transmission inspection
Fishing wires through walls
Looking under the dash without having to bend into a pretzel
Drain inspection when the wife THINKS she may have dropped her ear ring down the drain

Picked one up from Amazon. It works well connected to my computer. Have to see what it does with the girlfriend’s Android phone.

Looks like a great tool to have for cheap!

Yeah I just got one of those too. Bunch of $10-$20 ones on Amazon. First thing I did was looked inside my ear.

Yeah I just got one of those borescopes too. Bunch of $10-$20 ones on Amazon. First thing I did was looked inside my ear. o_O

Yeah I just got one of those too. Bunch of $10-$20 ones on Amazon. First thing I did was looked inside my ear.

Yeah I just got one of those borescopes too. Bunch of $10-$20 ones on Amazon. First thing I did was looked inside my ear. o_O

Is that where the echo came from? :p

I could save a boatload of bucks by doing my own colonoscopies! o_O

"Keep your dick in a vise" Bahahahha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom