Beach 'N' Toys Monthly Meeting - First Tuesday of each month, see thread above for location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I won't be able to make it again. Getting ready to put the house on the market this week. Staying local, just need something different.

Also in other sad news, I have decided to sell my cruiser. As much as I love it, and it fits my family so well, its just not cutting it as a tow vehicle. We have grand plans to do some traveling with our travel trailer. Even though we found a trailer well under the claimed pulling capacity of the cruiser, we get nowhere fast. We did a trip to Death Valley pulling the trailer, while we made it there and back no problems, the poor cruiser had to work really hard for it. Long grades saw us doing 40mph at 4000rpm, not a recipe for a relaxing road trip.

I would love to replace it with another cruiser i.e. v8 UZJ100, but it looks like I am going to go the tow vehicle (suburban) and toy route. A built fj45 troopy that can take a 3rd row would be the holy grail for me, but I only have so many arms and legs. We'll see which way I end up going.

If you know any one looking for a clean, decently built up, locked 80, send them my way.

Bummer to hear about the cruiser. Maybe someday soon a Phacon trailer will help you get back to your roots. We targeting 1500lb which my 60 can tow pretty well so should pull nicely behind an 80... but I digress.

In case I bump into anyone, what's the asking price for your 80?

My wife drives a 2015 'burban with the Z71 package and it pulls 4k lb like it isn't there so I know what you mean about a relaxing vs. a trying drive up a grade. The funny thing is, I'd save gas using it to tow the 60 to wheel and camp vs. driving the 60 to go wheel and camp.

Frank

Last edited:
I am not sure yet. I was thinking $10,500. Don't know if that's too high or low. 167k miles. I need to work on writing up the ad, and taking all the pics of it.

IMG_6239.JPG

Got stuck (on purpose) to test out the Deadman. It worked by the way. I am also putting together the video of it in action.
IMG_6434.JPG

IMG_6468.JPG

Actually, I know 2 separate people who are both interested in getting into an 80. Let me pass on the details.

You know that it is completely Ok to hang out and have a beer with us even if you are between trucks right? That gives us ample opportunity to apply sufficient peer pressure... cough.. ahem... I mean assistance in finding another yota when the time is right.

I've been shopping for an 80 myself. DD/ camping rig. Let me know what you decide..

Thanks for checking in! Hopefully you can swing by.

Farrah is looking forward to her first meeting on the 7th! I'll be stuck at work.

I am going to try make it to the meeting tonight. I have two deadmans (deadmen?) to give away if anyone is interested. The only thing I ask in return is that you use it and give me any feedback or thoughts you may have. I am not talking only using it for recovery but for anything you can think of really. For example I have used mine as a mat to lay on when I am working on my vehicles in my garage. And if you could take a picture of whatever use you come up with and share that with me, that would be most excellent.

If anyone else wants one, I have material to make more. Let me know if you are interested and I will work to get them made up for you.

Hope to see you guys tonight.

If you see my wife throw one at her... we can test it out some on the trip next month!

Sorry about missing last night. I had to teach and Farrah had it on the wrong date of the calendar. Looks like lots of stuff is going on! Thanks for the update!

Awesome agenda update!

First Tuesday of the month

Mike's BBQ
1356 W. Valley Pkwy
Escondido, CA

Order at the counter starting at 6:30PM. Please make sure to tell them at the counter you are with Beach N Toys. Part of our deal for use of the room is adding 10% to the tab as a group use fee. Private tables are setup for us in the Owner's Box where we eat together and then start our meeting at around 7:30 and end promptly at 8:30.

Although we are predominantly a Land Cruiser organization, we are open to all Toyota makes as long as they are 4-wheel drive.

Welcome and see you there!

Oh schidt! I thought this was tonight?!?! I missed it? Dude I suck. I was 100% gonna bring my fj40 up. First TUESDAY. Check.

All good. There is next month and don't forget the Turf & Surf is in November. We should have a decent contingent caravaning up to Pismo.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom