BBCNN meeting FOUR 4/9/15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBCNN club meeting:
Meeting FOUR 2015 Reno, Sparks

Date: Thurs. April 9th 2015

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Place: Round Table Pizza, 185 Damonte Ranch Parkway, Reno

Agenda

1. Club run
2. Land Use issues.
3. Accounting report.
4. Suggestions, ideas, questions, new business.
5. Further discuss meeting locations

New and Continued Business:

1. If you have a new address/phone number or e-mail address, let us know.
2. Club shirts are for sale.
3. If anyone needs help with a repair let us know.
This is an open invitation.

Hopefully will be able to get there for the meeting. Have a friend that just moved back to town and he wants to get rid of his 2wd Explorer but needs something big enough for the fam (6 all together). Trying to talk him into an older 80 or 100 but he does not have a lot to work with. He USED to be a Jeep guy, trying to keep him away from that this time through!

Way to go Greg. Keep him away from the Jeeps. The reliability of those vehicles is poor. Toyota far surpasses them in all categories-except maybe in gas mileage.

Yeah, that is what I am trying to do. Like I said, main thing is that he needs something that is comparable in size to his explorer with the third row seats (think it is like a 2005) and he is now a state worker and ex-military so he has somewhat limited funds while they try to find a house and what not. He loves my 60 but realizes that it is just not quite big enough for the fam and also the lack of "safety features" since his oldest is only 11. That is why I am thinking like a FZJ80 or early UZJ100 (I am guessing his budget with the explorer sold will be around $10k). I did see a 40th anniversary FZJ pop up on CL last night but he is not ready to buy quite yet (damn adult responsibilities).

HOLY CRIPES!! FOUR KIDS?!?
That's a tall order for any kind of wheeler unless its a suburban!!
Maybe an old military deuce or unimog troop transporter!!

Crap. I was hoping to attend this but now have a fire to put out at work. I'm around and am interested in hitting the trail with you guys please keep me posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom