Badlands run in March (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had the 4runner out on my trails the other day & wheeled the snot out of it. The mud got so slimy that I eventually had to get the chainsaw out & cut a fresh trail (with no inclines) so I could get back out. Man I gotta get a winch for the 4runner so I can continue to wheel my woods without worry!

Well at least the walk home isn't too far when your in your own backyard.

You're making me wish even more I had bargained to keep the winch off the 4Runner when I traded it for the Taco....

In other news...the truck is bobbed, quick release doors/tube doors made and a bunch of other piddley stuff taken care of that nobody cares about. Saving for duals right now

Awesome! I didn't know if you was gonna be able to make it, Gum. So glad to hear you will be there.

I am totally stoked. Looks like we might have decent weather for Saturday.

Well at least the walk home isn't too far when your in your own backyard.

True. But then it's just stuck out there until who knows when. I'm gonna look into buyin a winch very soon.

Looks like I'm out...I think the transfer case just grenaded outside of O'hare on 90. Two big bangs and it locked up, clutched in and coasted to the shoulder. No drive and some pretty nasty sounds coming from the trans tunnel. Still goes in and out of gears fine so I lean towards transfer.

Edit: it's the r&p. And of course I have 5.29's so no junkyard fix

Still have to get to class Monday in Indy so the truck will have to sit for a while till I get back home again

Last edited:
Bummer Conner, sorry to hear it.
Lemme know if ya need some help with it, cept it's in Il. & I'm in In.

You can always come & ride Bitch.

Appreciate the offer on help
You can always come & ride Bitch.

I appreciate the offer on helping out but it's in Rockford so I'll be on my own. Should be able to warranty the gears through ECGS and toss another trans in for about $300. I think it thrashed the input bearing, sounds like rocks in the case idling in neutral with the clutch out but all gears are still functional.

If you don't mind, I may take you up on that offer.

Good luck with ECGS. If you do need a transfer case, you can go from push button to full manual easily and cheaper(if you have that setup- my taco did)

My poor ole 4Runner is still making a growling/grinding noise from the transfer case area that I have yet to investigate. pretty sure it's the input bearing on the front case. :wrench: I fear that if I have to send the adapter to Marlin to be macined, it is gonna be a two week turnaround, so I have procrastinated pulling it apart. Long story short- I can't make it. And getting ready for gutters... er... garage doors or something like that

Good luck with ECGS. If you do need a transfer case, you can go from push button to full manual easily and cheaper(if you have that setup- my taco did)

My poor ole 4Runner is still making a growling/grinding noise from the transfer case area that I have yet to investigate. pretty sure it's the input bearing on the front case. :wrench: I fear that if I have to send the adapter to Marlin to be machined, it is gonna be a two week turnaround, so I have procrastinated pulling it apart. Long story short- I can't make it. And getting ready for gutters... er... garage doors or something like that

If its the input bearing for the crawler, thats a stock toyota bearing that all you have to do is press off and press a new one on. If its the cage bearing on the mc-09 adapter, then yea you have some machineing to do. Call marlin and have them send you the new bearing and the specs for what the hole has to be changed to and take it to a local machine shop and have them do the work, there you go no 2 week turnaround. I also have a stock top shift non push button taco tcase if it turns out its the tcase and you need one. s*** i actually may have evrey bearing for the crawl box minus the cage bearing for the low range gear and the double row, let me know what bearing you need and ill see if i have it.

Conner, if a 2002 taco tcase out of a 5spd will solve your problem let me know. Its a jshift and a 23spline input. Ill

Hey Conner. My seat is taken by my buddy Wes. I think Nate will have an open seat in his Jeep & possibly some of the others will. Gumby & Mark may have bitch seats. I offered on behalf of the group.

On an unrelated note, I got my winch!!!!

Brother in law coming along for the ride this time, so mine is taken this trip.

Hey Conner. My seat is taken by my buddy Wes. I think Nate will have an open seat in his Jeep & possibly some of the others will. Gumby & Mark may have bitch seats. I offered on behalf of the group.

On an unrelated note, I got my winch!!!!

I'll text Nate and see if he's got one.

Conner, if a 2002 taco tcase out of a 5spd will solve your problem let me know. Its a jshift and a 23spline input. Ill

I really appreciate the offer man but as of right now I think the transfer is okay. I am fairly certain the trans is hurt...hard to say until I get everything pulled out and torn down. Whatever happened was violent enough to knock off one of the HVAC dials and flip the wiper stalk down to on, so all bets are off. I'm in my final round of interviews with Dayton Freight right now and graduating in a month so the truck may have to be on the backburner till the dust settles

Appreciate the offer! I'll let you know what I can use as soon as I get it apart. I was thinking the front adapter had the redesigned bearing, but I guess it is the MC-09 like you said. It just sounds loud everywhere right now.

Richard is out, working at home, no not on gutters. My plan is to be in the upper parking lot about 9 or 9:30. See you all there.

Ok brother in law messed up his thumb today and won't be coming along so my pass. seat is open if any one needs it.

wife messed her back up and cant walk tonight. so if im not in the lot by 930am head out dont wait for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom