Badlands June 21st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Heading to the Badlands June21-22 camping at Summers. Anyone wanna join?

I am off that weekend. I may be able to make the wheelin on Saturday.
No promises tho, that will be just after our trip to Missouri & my rig may not be up to it. Also that will be my first weekend to see the wife after my trip.
So I'll chime in mid June with an update

Working...

Maybe, I'm still moping through my inability to go to PYS so this is a possibility. Need to drop the transfer case and see what's going on with it or buy an Atlas before I can commit

I have to go to a wedding that I probably shouldn't ditch...

Although the rig made it just fine. (Then twisted driveshaft is not broken, just twisted) I will not be making it.

Maybe, I'm still moping through my inability to go to PYS so this is a possibility. Need to drop the transfer case and see what's going on with it or buy an Atlas before I can commit

I have a 23spline top shift taco tcase sitting in my garage, let me know if you want it. Its a lot cheaper than an atlas!!

I was planning on this trip, but wife uncle from Idaho is coming into town so ill be partying with them.

I have a 23spline top shift taco tcase sitting in my garage, let me know if you want it. Its a lot cheaper than an atlas!!

I was planning on this trip, but wife uncle from Idaho is coming into town so ill be partying with them.

I appreciate the offer but I pulled the case and it's just a weird casting seam in the case. It was leaking from the shifter as well, so it made it difficult to tell what was going on from underneath. 4 cylinder Tacoma's are actually 26 spline if I'm not mistaken as well.

I went out and played around on some rocks today and I really do need more reduction. I'm torn between going toy crawlbox ($1400 with 4.7's) or going Atlas 4 speed ($4000). Any thoughts are welcome

Yea 4cyl are 26 sppine. Duals are badass. I had some badluck when I built my first crawl box. I then built a lefty with all the good chromoso stuff inside and kept the crawler. I like it but could have easily bought a 4spd atlas. If you have the cash, buy the atlas but you are going to have to rebuild your floor as they are a big bastard. My friend has one in his zj and it was quite a feat to get it in there.... And my trucks slower lol!

I say go the duals. I enjoy all the different selections for the gears. Dunno know much about the atlas tho, it may have more or better gear selections. So I guess I'm saying I don't know what to say. When in doubt, ask John, he has Ginger Brains & no one can argue with those!

I say go the duals. I enjoy all the different selections for the gears. Dunno know much about the atlas tho, it may have more or better gear selections. So I guess I'm saying I don't know what to say. When in doubt, ask John, he has Ginger Brains & no one can argue with those!

John says Atlas, the 4 speed box (1-1, 2.xx, 5.0, and 11.xx reduction) they offer is awesome...and I should probably listen...but my wallet doesn't want to

Yea 4cyl are 26 sppine. Duals are badass. I had some badluck when I built my first crawl box. I then built a lefty with all the good chromoso stuff inside and kept the crawler. I like it but could have easily bought a 4spd atlas. If you have the cash, buy the atlas but you are going to have to rebuild your floor as they are a big bastard. My friend has one in his zj and it was quite a feat to get it in there.... And my trucks slower lol!

I'm probably going to go for the duals with 4.7's in the front case, picking up a cheap top shift case locally sealed it for me. Saving nearly $3k is big... Worse case, a built dual setup for a Taco should fetch a pretty penny if I change directions in he future.

I say 4spd atlas instead of crawler in front of taco case.

I was crunching numbers on this subject myself. This was all to go behind my NP203 so YMMV

Atlas 2sp 5:1 toy outputs $3500 + adapter $627
Orion 4:1 $1621.95 no adapter needed
Orion HD ~ $3000
D300 all the HD parts and 4:1 gears $1390 + adapter $610+ case $50

I got $400.00 in my entire dual case set up. $68.00 in the HD re-buildable t-case mount. Built my own drive shafts & cross member from stuff I found in my shop.
Just sayin.

I got $400.00 in my entire dual case set up. $68.00 in the HD re-buildable t-case mount. Built my own drive shafts & cross member from stuff I found in my shop.
Just sayin.

I'm with ya Tony...I just have to buck up for a second adapter for the Taco trans and I'll go 4.7's in the front case so I can have stupid low. I'm already rockin a square front DS and a homemade crossmember so I just need to shorten up my rear DS. Goal is to have it done by hoedown

It better be done, just sayin!