B.S. Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got my Makita 1/4 impact driver and tried it out fixing an exhaust heat shield. This is what happened to the hex driver adapter. Can't believe it twisted like that. Guess I do need an impact bit.

image.jpeg

Someone tried to steal my popup trailer battery from the south Cabela's parking lot today....people....

Luckily all they got was my box lid and no it didn't blow off. Box is bolted to the frame and battery was bolted down inside the box to the frame.

My new paint job :hillbilly:

image.jpeg

I think Travis could have used that on the Maze spring break trip last year....:idea::flush:

Anybody know a good body shop? Doubt it will get that far though, at 13 years old and 140K it'll probably get totalled.

It's not just you're own teen driver you have to worry about - they tend to hang out around other teen drivers :bang:
Nobody was hurt thankfully, and it wasn't her fault.
matrix_accident.jpg

Edit - just got the official word: totaled

Last edited:
Reactions: SAS
In other news, I built a work bench for my shop.
bench1.jpg
bench2.jpg

Glad everyone was okay!

Teenage drivers can be scary.

Today my daughter and friend thought they knew how to jump start a car.

image.jpeg

Luckily no one was hurt and the only equipment damage was the cables. Good lesson in the end, scared them pretty good.

Wow - lucky you didn't end up with a fire or exploding battery. Do they make jumper cables with a fusible link built in? Could be a market for that.

Turns out Jackie wasn't quite as OK as we thought - started showing head injury symptoms early this week. Spent most of Tuesday in the ER and ruled out anything really serious, but she has alot of vertigo extreme fatigue that we're working through.

Wife was playing wheel of fortune on her phone and solved this one, thought it was pretty cool.
IMG-20161028-WA0000.jpg

image.jpg
If you don't already own one of these.. Order one. I can't praise this little guy enough. I use it all the time. Just started a 4.0 Cherokee in my yard that only had .47 volts in the battery. And you can charge all of your electronics too. All this and it's only about as big as two decks of cards.

We've been used car shopping, and twice they had to run back to the office to get one of those. Very cool - but doesn't inspire confidence on the used car lot!

Reactions: SAS
My son and I have been working on a gas fired foundry project to do some sand casting & such. Fired it up for the first time on Saturday and melted down part of an old broken Celica wheel!
foundy1.jpg
foundry2.jpg

Pretty cool project. Consider casting the inside of an ant hill at some point...
View attachment 1351574

Yea, I've seen that - very cool. Don't think I have any big ant hills nearby.
Plenty of moles though ... that'd take alot more metal then I have available!

I did edit the Lower South Desert video, but Todd did the ones for Wild Horse Road and Cathedral Valley Loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom