AVAILABLE 7X SERIES PARTS--USA MARKET (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Logic dictates that the 13BT variant would be "heavy duty" because of the additional torque produced over the 3B motor.

But I could be way off.....:doh:

I would....

That way when you blow it up it will be more likely to stay put in the frame......:rimshot:

Logic dictates that the 13BT variant would be "heavy duty" because of the additional torque produced over the 3B motor.

But I could be way off.....:doh:

So should I get 13B-T mounts if I have a turbo 3B?

:lol:

Logic can be elusive when it comes to selecting (designing for) the correct vibration isolator for each application. As CruiserDan has identified, torque of the engine is probably a key performance parameter. However, so are mass and inertia differences between the 3B and 13B, structural stiffness of the vehicle frame, stiffness/dampening of suspension springs, ... and most likely other parameters that I am not thinking of. The dynamic response of the entire vehicle (system) could be driven by the dampening characteristics of the engine mounts. For example if the dynamic response spectrum of the engine/driveline is relatively close to a natural frequency of the entire vehicle system, then the stiffness and dampening characteristics of the motor mounts becomes very critical. Hence, small differences between very similar engines like the 3B and 13B could yield major vehicle system dynamic responses. i.e. Unique motor mounts are required for a 13B versus a 3B.

Sorry about the weak explanation. I don't dive into dynamics and flutter considerations on a regular basis, so I am very rusty on the topics. Other members that design and analyze isolators & mechanical dynamics on a regular basis could provide a better explanation.

The last thing we need here is a sensible explanation. :crybaby:

Nice Larry.

:)

But let's be realistic: the sound/dynamic NVH dampening of either will be a mere pithy vs the engine rumble from the mighty B series diesels.

:lol:

Logic can be elusive when it comes to selecting (designing for) the correct vibration isolator for each application. As CruiserDan has identified, torque of the engine is probably a key performance parameter. However, so are mass and inertia differences between the 3B and 13B, structural stiffness of the vehicle frame, stiffness/dampening of suspension springs, ... and most likely other parameters that I am not thinking of. The dynamic response of the entire vehicle (system) could be driven by the dampening characteristics of the engine mounts. For example if the dynamic response spectrum of the engine/driveline is relatively close to a natural frequency of the entire vehicle system, then the stiffness and dampening characteristics of the motor mounts becomes very critical. Hence, small differences between very similar engines like the 3B and 13B could yield major vehicle system dynamic responses. i.e. Unique motor mounts are required for a 13B versus a 3B.

Sorry about the weak explanation. I don't dive into dynamics and flutter considerations on a regular basis, so I am very rusty on the topics. Other members that design and analyze isolators & mechanical dynamics on a regular basis could provide a better explanation.

Now your singing my language. Resonant frequencies, harmomics... Hell tie in fluid dynamics of 7x windshield frame and I'll get tingly :D

I had both of the mounts on my desk today... The engineer in my wants to test on a durometer, the realist in me says the rubber is close enough.

PER @sbechtold and his awesome research:

Rear disc brake compatibility with FJCruiser parts available in the US market.

Rear pad set: 04466-60090
Rear rotors: 42431-60201 (x2)

My working assumption would be that the FJC shim set will work as well: 04946-30100

And the rear calipers would cross over as well: 47730-35170-84/47750-35170-84 (remanufactured rear calipers)

:cheers:

Front hub wheels studs are available...
Toyota part # 90942-02053 are available from the dealer
Napa Auto Parts # 6413126
Dorman Part # 610-264.1

Front hub wheels studs are available...
Toyota part # 90942-02053 are available from the dealer
Napa Auto Parts # 6413126
Dorman Part # 610-264.1

Same as most 4x/6x vehicles.

Be careful with the aftermarket stuff for a critical component like wheel studs. I've seen some really s***ty parts especially from Dorman (Dorman=Chinese junk).

Wonder if it's because cruiserheads are affecting procurement forecasts and warehousing requirements calculated for the mining industry...?

Those who search this thread may be disappointed as the availability through US dealer channels is changing daily. 70 series are a dirty words to toyota these days.

Wonder if it's because cruiserheads are affecting procurement forecasts and warehousing requirements calculated for the mining industry...?

Negative. Cruiserheads figure out part numbers and have their favorite parts (drug) dealer try to procure them. When they do, a red flag goes up in Torrance and the part gets flagged as "non-import status".

Regardless, it is actually only going to get worse.

It's getting bad, even items that fit Canadian spec Cruisers. We've lost 100+ part numbers in the past few months. There is a process to purchase but includes sourcing docs that simply don't exist and that allows a single purchase which does nothing for my business. Thus, we are getting shipments from overseas twice as much to fill gaps.

TMS USA has no interest whatsoever in supporting these vehicles. they do not give a s***....Our litigious society has driven them to this end.

Very Cool thread... At the top there was mention of discussion re: discontinued parts as well.

FYI...

I was informed yesterday by Toyota (in Canada) that the side/rear window frames for my 87 LJ70 P/N# 62706-90K00 LH and 92705-90K00 RH are no longer available. Sorry if thats old news to everyone but me.

It's a bummer as its seems like a problem spot for many of the 70's. If anyone has differing info, would love to hear it.

Incidentally...I need a set pretty badly, the hairy drooling beast to the left there rammed his head thru the partially opened window and when his shoulders hit, the frame finally gave way in the rusty corner. Euro4x4parts has them for 245 Cdn a piece. Any experience on ordering from them you'd care to share would be appreciated by PM

Thanks for doing this everyone. Its very useful.. If I may... might be cool to add a ball park dollar figure for what you paid for posted items.

Thanks for sharing everyone.

PF

Is the battery cable that connects between the two batteries in a 24v system available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom